Fordmods Logo

EL Premium head unit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Premium head unit
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Does anyone know how to change the filters in the premium head unit like you can on the odo, t.c., climate control etc ?. I have an EL Futura that I've fitted a blue dash cluster to (Fairmont cluster, blue odo readout, led conversion, white EF needles) I've fitted leds to the heater-A/C controls under the facia & a friend of mine is currently converting another set of controls so that the 4 amber led jewels in the switches are changed to blue & the backlights to the switches will also be changed. The demister & aerial switches have been changed to blue cluster leds & the trip computer has had the blue thing done too. The problem is that it has the original radio/cassette in it with the orange readout stands out (not in a good way). I have the amp, stacker, sub & cabling for all of this & I really want the premium sound, but with the orange readout its going to look even more stupid than whats already there. My only other alternative is to go with an aftermarket headunit with a blue display (last option). The car has also been fitted with the Fairlane dome light & has blue front & rear courtesy lights fitted (all blue) so the headunit stands out like the proverbial. Anyway if you know something about this could you please let me know. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: EL Premium head unit
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

Sumosan wrote:
Does anyone know how to change the filters in the premium head unit like you can on the odo, t.c., climate control etc ?. I have an EL Futura that I've fitted a blue dash cluster to (Fairmont cluster, blue odo readout, led conversion, white EF needles) I've fitted leds to the heater-A/C controls under the facia & a friend of mine is currently converting another set of controls so that the 4 amber led jewels in the switches are changed to blue & the backlights to the switches will also be changed. The demister & aerial switches have been changed to blue cluster leds & the trip computer has had the blue thing done too. The problem is that it has the original radio/cassette in it with the orange readout stands out (not in a good way). I have the amp, stacker, sub & cabling for all of this & I really want the premium sound, but with the orange readout its going to look even more stupid than whats already there. My only other alternative is to go with an aftermarket headunit with a blue display (last option). The car has also been fitted with the Fairlane dome light & has blue front & rear courtesy lights fitted (all blue) so the headunit stands out like the proverbial. Anyway if you know something about this could you please let me know. Cheers.

where abouts are you dude, just pull it apart and have a look is the best bet i guess, and if you f**k it up somehow then i have another one u can have for 10 bucks

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Should have said, I'm in Geelong. & my mate thats doing the heater-A/C control unit for me has had a good look at it & tells me he can't get the facia off it because off the Volume control knob ?. He's told me thats the problem anyway. But would be interested in your headunit anyway, at least that way if I do it myself & I do f**k it up I'd have spares & should be able to make a good one out of the bits :D If you send a p.m. I'll get your details (& send mine) & maybe do the bank deposit thing for the unit & postage ?. Cheers.

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

Sumosan wrote:
Should have said, I'm in Geelong. & my mate thats doing the heater-A/C control unit for me has had a good look at it & tells me he can't get the facia off it because off the Volume control knob ?. He's told me thats the problem anyway. But would be interested in your headunit anyway, at least that way if I do it myself & I do f**k it up I'd have spares & should be able to make a good one out of the bits :D If you send a p.m. I'll get your details (& send mine) & maybe do the bank deposit thing for the unit & postage ?. Cheers.

Im pretty sure the volume knob just pops right off.

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

bradley4567 wrote:
Sumosan wrote:

Im pretty sure the volume knob just pops right off.
It does pop off but............ There is an end cap on either end of the upper unit (the cassette section) these caps hide the retaining screws for the facia. Once they're undone & the rest of the facia is unclipped your then able to 'walk' the volume & mode knobs off with the faceplate. Now to get into the little paper thin aluminium boxes that hold the filters !!!.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]