Fordmods Logo

Experience people on the good old EA-ED Radio's. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Experience people on the good old EA-ED Radio's.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

I'm after people who have had to go to ford to get the code for their EA-ED radio's.

I went in to ford today to get the code and they wanted the vin number on my car, He didn't even look at the serial number for the radio. But the thing is I'm 80% sure that the radio that I have is from another car therefore the code won't be correct.

Does anyone on here know if they can use just the radio serial number and get it that way?

Don't worry about the money used to get it I work for the dealership so I can get it for nothing.

Now so that nobody says "just buy an aftermarket headunit" I'm just after the code so I can use it for a radio for our workshop up the back lol.

SO.... What do you guys have to bring with you to get the code? I'm hoping they can except just the radio serial.

Any help with this will be great, just so I know before hand.

Thanks

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Post subject: Re: Experience people on the good old EA-ED Radio's.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Don't worry about the money used to get it I work for the dealership so I can get it for nothing.

You work for the dealership - so when your at work tomorrow just ask them if they can do it using the serial number of the radio?

Last time I did it I only needed the VIN.

I don]'t think the serial number on the units works, as that would defeate the point, as anyone who stole the radio, would be able to get the serial number off it and get the code - defeating the entire purpose of having a code! While most crooks wouldn't have bothered to get the vehicles VIN.

And by the way, it's not VIN number, as the N stands for number, so you'd be saying number twice...

Post subject: Re: Experience people on the good old EA-ED Radio's.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:

You work for the dealership - so when your at work tomorrow just ask them if they can do it using the serial number of the radio?

Last time I did it I only needed the VIN.

I don]'t think the serial number on the units works, as that would defeate the point, as anyone who stole the radio, would be able to get the serial number off it and get the code - defeating the entire purpose of having a code! While most crooks wouldn't have bothered to get the vehicles VIN.

And by the way, it's not VIN number, as the N stands for number, so you'd be saying number twice...

Ok well that helps me really well then :( dang it.

And thanks for correcting my terminology lol.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]