Factory front amp wires on Nc Fairlane 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Factory front amp wires on Nc Fairlane
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Hey when I installed an aftermarket mp3 player into the lane, the pinned plug for the factory stacker had a blue wire that was for the acc for the rear amp........ I did not look but is there a wire inside the plug that is for the acc of the front factory amp? I am just thinking there might be as the fronts in at the moment are 190w pmpo and they dont handle loud sound too well ( they are pioneers so they should to a degree) and are greatly over shadowed by the rears, even in the front seat??? I am going to put my current rears ( 6.5" jaycar kevlar components) in the doors and the pioneers in the parcel shelf as I am going to install a boxed 10" sub between the rear of the seat and the LPG tank and I want to know that the Jaycars are getting the full power of the front factory amp. Anybody who can shed some light would be appreciated. I just cannot remember if there was any other wires inside the insulated factory plug and dont want to pull the facia out and have a look if I dont have to.

Post subject: Re: Factory front amp wires on Nc Fairlane
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Hey mate, I didn't know NC's had two amps? I know that EF/EL premium sound systems only had one amp. The fronts in normal sound systems are run off the amp in the head unit itself which is obviously not as powerful as a stand alone amp.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

One Drone wrote:
Hey mate, I didn't know NC's had two amps? I know that EF/EL premium sound systems only had one amp. The fronts in normal sound systems are run off the amp in the head unit itself which is obviously not as powerful as a stand alone amp.

Yeah I believe its under the centre console. I will be doing the speakers tomorrow so I will have a look at the plug again. I am 100% sure there is a front amp as it even states it in the workshop manual but the wire diagram is hopeless

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Looking at my manual, it seems early NC's (EB1 era) had the amp in the centre console, between the coin holder and console bin.

Later (EB2 era) had the amp in the drivers rear quater.

In either application, the wiring diagram shows the front speakers run off the head unit and the rears off the amp.

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Maybe you guys are right. I have one of those manuals on a disk and it covers ea to ed and Na to Nc 6 and 8's so it can be a little confusing from time to time. I can remember looking for the front amp about 3 months ago when I installed to deck and could not find it.... O'h well Ill install my Pioneer 2 way.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]