Fordmods Logo

Fibreglass in the boot 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Fibreglass in the boot
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED Falcon

VIC, Australia

I wanna start getting my sound system set up but im debating whether to use fibreglass in the boot to give it a better looking effect. Ive heard a few stories, some say that fibreglass cant really be used properly with subs in the boot becase the fibreglass will crack, some say that it should be right.
Im not too sure, so if anyone could give me some advice here it would be good or even some pictures would be good. Thanks

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Almost all boot installs that involve curves or odd shapes will be comprised of MDF and fibreglass....

So long as the fabricator performs a high quality of workmanship there wont be a prob....I have 2x 12" subs in separate fibre glass enclosures, another mates falcon..has a 15" woofer and amp moulded up in fibre glass....and I know so many other cars done by the same mob from mild to wild...great worksmanship and not one has ever cracked or been stressed.

...only downside obviously is cost....more time and labour involved so will cost u more...nut the end result you cant compare.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

my boot has fibreglass in the subbox but it is not showy it is reinforced by the chassis.

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well mines goin thru abit of a make over - the side sub pods are wrapped in vinyl....going for a matte paint this time.

Attachments:
DSC00412.jpg
DSC00412.jpg [ 75.75 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Cherokee

QLD, Australia

as Big Kev said above workmanship! as they say you only get what you pay for. I had the old ef enclosure built MDF/Glass set me back $450 worked a treat, built my own to hold 2 12" 400w Eclipses, they started to crumble in about 2 days :shock: :shock:

Looking for EF/EL Falcon/Futura/XR6/XR8/Fairy.
PM me if intrested in selling......

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeh its amazing what a couple 12"s can do :P ... my first box was very well made and was screwed in to the chasis floor behind the rear seats...at comp the box tore out and cracked the 18mm perspex window on it.... now shes 25or slightly thicker mm bullet proof perspex and bolted to the chasis with some big as bolts and a 2mm plate :P

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]