Fitting DVD/TV To EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Fitting DVD/TV To EF
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Hey there (again)

I have a in dash DVD player fitted to my EF, but im running out of ideas for where to put a screen.

I have a custom dash to fit a 5.6" screen in place of the trip computer/air vents, but She Who Must Be Obeyed is against that, So I have just bought an overhead TV, but im now thinking it might not be that functional.

I was thinking of a in dash fold out style, but was wondering if it would clear the dash ok, Ive seen one installed and it was pretty shoddy, cause it had to stick out from the facia.

Have any of you guys fitted a DVD/TV or Flip Out DVD that you might be able to post some pics of?

If anyone is interested in the bits, drop me a line too, edxr64l@hotmail.com

I go fast in straight lines AND can turn corners!!

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Depending on what brand model u get, some will not clear the dash when installed in the top DIN position in an ef/el dash.
Otherwise you can install them into the 2nd DIN position so long as the model you choose has good enough screen to be seen on bit better angles.

I have a Pioneer Motorised 7" indash in the 2nd DIN position; when 1st installed it sat at 90deg and was fine but not ideal, now i have been able to move it out a bit without it looking s**t (gaps) and have it on slight tilt.

Picture is fine, 100% from drivers/rear seats; passenger front isnt perfect due to ef/el dash being biased towards the driver making the lcd darker to look at. Still OK tho.

Pics, click my "WWW" button after my Signature.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Nice, That looks sweet.

My other option is I have a Double DIN fascia still new, sitting in the box staring at me, I was considering putting a Double DIN stereo in from a Jap import, or buying a no-name Double DIN DVD player, ive seen them with 12 months warranty, in Aus for under $900 for a touch screen type.

I go fast in straight lines AND can turn corners!!

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I have a DVD headunit in the place where it normally is, run the AV cables up behind teh dash surround and the reappear out of the left middle air con vent. The TV covers that air vent. I can still see my trip computer and headunit and everyone can see it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]