Fordmods Logo

Flip out LCD screens in EL's. Clearence Problems? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:18 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

mr_ratapus wrote:
xb-coupe-351 wrote:
When I bought my XR8 it had a sub box and some sony head unit that lasted about 2 hours after I bought the car home till it was listed on e bay and replaced with the genuine stereo system...

HA! Thats funny. When i bought my XR6 around 2 hours later I put my aftermarket head unit in. Standard stereo is dissapointing.

I can understand the need or more so want for a quality stereo audio install, as a good stereo sounds awsome...and some people enjoy music more than others, I was one of the first to install sub wofers and splits in my car before most people even knew what they were (around 1987), a 12" sub cost around $300-400 back then a quality head unit with stacker was aroung a $1000 and I was earning About $275 per week (not a bad wage at the time), so You can see how much I had to save for a set of splits ($3-400), head unit and stacker($1000), subs ($3-400)and amps ($1000-1600), that system sounded awsome and was installed in about 3 different cars I had, ie removed before sale and put in the next one.

Funny thing is me and all of my mates around the same age all got rid of our Audio gear now and mainly running standard stereos and spending our money on performance gear..... :wink:

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:26 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

data_mine wrote:
xb-coupe-351 wrote:
Noticed someone installed one ina BF GT-P :cry: wish I had one of those, and I would certainly not stuff it up by putting a TV screen in it, just seems like a matter of more money than sense...

Oi!!!

I had the DVD head unit before I got the GT-P. And my sense is what got me the money to buy a GT-P.

Sitting around wishing for s**t isn't going to get anything done. Go out and do it.

Having the screen in the first place is fine that was not my point, I think the interior/stereo/dash set up in a gtp is awsome and I could not bring, myself to modefy it in any way thats all I was getting at...

I agree wishing for s**t is not going to get it done, but with a mortage and 2 kids to feed a gtp is only a pipe dream for me, and there are 100 things more important than a car :)

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

How about giving the new Pioneer double din touch screen a go? If you get hold of a double din fascia it should go straight in. It has a 6 disc in dash dvd stacker and plays cds mp3s the whole lot. They are $1500 in Adelaide at the moment. I am seriously thinking about getting one for my EL but am unsure whether it will definitely fit. But if you want to be the guinea pig and try it out you won't get any objections from me. And if it fits then hello DVD screen!!

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3