For those on a budget 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: For those on a budget
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

On the weekend i did an install on an EF fairmont ghia. The premuim HU died and they wanted a new HU. looking around for a HU with a seperate sub out and outputs for the front/rear. Seeing they were on a budget a HU like that was hard to find for under $300. Anyways i came cross a Pioneer DEH-30MP. Its mp3, wma, and seperate sub out. The best feature i found is that the front /rear channels on the HU have a HPF feature so the HU can power the fronts & rears and a single amp can run the sub. So it was perfect to replace the Premo system in the ghia and still be able to use the factory amp and sub. I picked it up for $199 but they retail for around $280-$309. So for those who want a bit of bass and on a budget this HU may be for you.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef and xf

SA, Australia

sounds pretty good mate, im runnin a HU without any sub-outs(its some cheapy kenwood one) and the sub sounds pretty bad from it, this might be a good upgrade, how many pre outs is there tho? if i want to run a 4-ch amp for the front and rear speakers and a sub too would this deck be good?

only milk comes in 2 litres

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

As i said its good for if your on a budget and you want a small sub system. It allows the front and rear channels off the HU to pass mid an high only and then you connect an amp for a sub. Line outs on the HU are front and rear channels(4). The rear channels are switchable to run sub out which can be controlled from the HU. So the bottom line is for a small system all you need is the one amp for the sub yet have the front and rears only passing mids and tops for better sound quality.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]