Fordmods Logo

Ford Ba XR6 Sound system??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Ba XR6 Sound system???
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

Installing my sound system from my ford el into my ford ba & i was just wondering ....ive been told that the head units cant be swapped but the head unit on the ba already has the rca connections ready to go "?...If that were the case and i was to just plug the rca leads straight into the standard ba head unit would it put out the same power as my other head unit i had?..or should i just the head unit i have now down in the little square box area just under the ba head unit and run it off that?

Installing front & rear speakers / tweaters, 2x12''Subs, 2x amps & wiring..can i run it off the standard ba head unit or put my pioneer head unit in the ba ?

thanks reply asap would be good as its getting dark :P cheers.

Post subject: Re: Ford Ba XR6 Sound system???
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

aftermarket sound system is the way to go.
them factory ones were designed in somthin like 2002 or so.
so they are old tech and preety weak power. also i dont think they have any rca pre-outs on the factory stuff.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

ba stock unit has NO rca outs. install aftermarket unit in the tissue box and run off that.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

yup aftermarket for sure buy the pocket that fits where the tissue holder is ( there are 2 types for auto or manual) it is a bit fiddly cuz u have to tap power Accessories off the power source and negative too, and get your constant from the fuse/ kick panels, same with the speaker wires, OR from the back of the ICC, but I think that is more of a headache to be honest if u want any further help i can assist because i have done this before in my ba :)
OR you can get line converters if you really wanna use your stock stereo control from the ICC which taps from the speaker wires to get a signal to the amplifier, but maybe not the best idea if you intend on running subs in the car u are better off with the separate sub control from your aftermarket cd player ..

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

hmm..i know how to put my sound system into the car but im a little confused with the ba..do i attach everything like normally with the head unit like i did in my previous cars my eb & el?..Cause i know the ba has the Air con & radio all show up on one screen..when in the eb and el it showed on a seperate screen and if i was to put my aftermarket head unit in would the aircon and everything still show up on the ba screen like normal?..instead all that will be different is no radio on the ba head unit because it will be going through the aftermarket headunit instead..correct?

and also would there be a way to make the steering wheel controls work on the aftermarket head unit or nope?..Volume up & down. and where and how much are the holders for the tissue spot so i can put the headunit down below without it lookin butt ugly..lol thanks.

btw a mate said there was a computer or something behind the head unit and if u screw that up its like 700$ to replace or something ?...is this true or nah? ... anyone know what he is on about lol

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

the head unit in the ba, is that whole center dash piece called the ICC (interior command center or control something like that) so you simply cant pull the stereo out and replace it with an aftermarket one, u have to install it underneath where the tissue holder is and leave everything else in place because that screen shows you controls for everything not just cd player. and yes u can get aftermarket cd players with an attachment for the steering wheel controls, or control type things to put on to your existing aftermarket stereo if u already have one but they are expensive. and yes if you are not careful when pulling out the ICC you can damage it and it is a rather expensive exercise to have it replaced, so if you can get away with not having to take the ICC out that is the better option i would say, not unless you know what your doing but it seems you dont just yet LOL..

what area are you from cuz if ur from sydney i know these blokes that run a mobile audio business they come to you and do it at your house or wherever you may be. they cheap and know what theyre doing they offer warranty too, they did my mates car a full system, it is so nice and put a flip out screen with screens in the back and headrests in my other mates car.. im pretty sure they supply aswell facia pockets and stuff prob cheaper than strathfeild. theyre called 'precise audio & detailing' 0450 792 550..... maybe give them a call im sure they can sort something out for you, if you are in the sydney area the guys name is john

but if u arent in the sydney area i would maybe think about someone to install it for you, and if thats not an option, probs best way for u to go is not to worry about the steering controls and just put the cd player in the tissue box holder like i said in my prev post. if u need more info happy to help

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]