Getting some ideas.... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Getting some ideas....
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Hey guys, ive decided over the next 3-4 months i will have a full 6.1ch home theatre in the XR. Not going way overboard; just two screens in the back of the head rests. Dvd player with touch screen in the front. Upgrade the battery to something alot more suited etc. Its gonna be sweet! :D

Btw im aware of the tough laws with tv screens and all, but considering they are facing the passengers in the back. then i shouldnt have all that much trouble with them. :)

DVD player will be Alpine, but the screens im still undecided on.

So i will be selling off some of my current car audio gear.

CD player

2001 model Alpine 4x45watt 1 preout, sub control etc..

Amplifier

Axis audio 2 channel amp 200wrms (good speaker or small sub amp).

Stock EF XR front speakers and tweeters.

Just to give people some idea of what i have, but yeah when the time comes i will be selling the lot. Either locally or i will sell via FM. If anyone is interested PM me but as i said im still pricing the rest of the stuff so nothing is set on stone. :D

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Post subject: Re: Getting some ideas....
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Hey guys, ive decided over the next 3-4 months i will have a full 6.1ch home theatre in the XR. Not going way overboard; just two screens in the back of the head rests. Dvd player with touch screen in the front. Upgrade the battery to something alot more suited etc. Its gonna be sweet! :D

Btw im aware of the tough laws with tv screens and all, but considering they are facing the passengers in the back. then i shouldnt have all that much trouble with them. :)

DVD player will be Alpine, but the screens im still undecided on.

So i will be selling off some of my current car audio gear.

CD player

2001 model Alpine 4x45watt 1 preout, sub control etc..

Amplifier

Axis audio 2 channel amp 200wrms (good speaker or small sub amp).

Stock EF XR front speakers and tweeters.

Just to give people some idea of what i have, but yeah when the time comes i will be selling the lot. Either locally or i will sell via FM. If anyone is interested PM me but as i said im still pricing the rest of the stuff so nothing is set on stone. :D

Any real reason why your choosing to go 6.1 ? .... in the car you aint gonna notice much diff from 4 or 5.x ch.

Plus ya gonna wanna spend a decent amount to make it really sound unreal and give that full dolby effect....starting with a decent HU that supports all the TRUE...not just reckons it supports it Dolby DTS, Pro-Logic 1 and 2 etc etc

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Thats very true, i can get a hold of a few DVD players down here that all support dolby digital DTS etc.. JB Hifi are selling alot of them and they arent that unaffordable.

As for the whole 6.1 setup, basically the car is still going to be setup for music as well, i dont want to have no speakers in the front.. :wink:

Front will consist of the door mounted speakers 6' splits or midbases whateva i can get a hold of, tweeters. and then the rear speakers and of course the Sub. With all those speakers setup properly it will still sound awesome as far as home theatre goes and will be just as good when just music is playing! :D

Well thats the plan ne way.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Thats very true, i can get a hold of a few DVD players down here that all support dolby digital DTS etc.. JB Hifi are selling alot of them and they arent that unaffordable.

As for the whole 6.1 setup, basically the car is still going to be setup for music as well, i dont want to have no speakers in the front.. :wink:

Front will consist of the door mounted speakers 6' splits or midbases whateva i can get a hold of, tweeters. and then the rear speakers and of course the Sub. With all those speakers setup properly it will still sound awesome as far as home theatre goes and will be just as good when just music is playing! :D

Well thats the plan ne way.

ok so yeh 4.x ch sound what i thought -- ture 6.x obviously wont be achieved with this but will still sound nice with some quality gear

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah well thats what i plan to do ne way, the front speakers will also have an amp hooked up to them so they will produce a much better sound as well. Im considering keeping my axis amp just for that. 200wrms into a set of midbases or splits is pleanty! :)

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Yeah well thats what i plan to do ne way, the front speakers will also have an amp hooked up to them so they will produce a much better sound as well. Im considering keeping my axis amp just for that. 200wrms into a set of midbases or splits is pleanty! :)

yeh will be more than enough...depending on ya splits and how ya gonna wire em up.

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah the amp is rated at 100wrms per channel and 200wrms bridged so for the splits or midbases they will be getting 100wrms per side. Which is better than any HU power :)

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Yeah the amp is rated at 100wrms per channel and 200wrms bridged so for the splits or midbases they will be getting 100wrms per side. Which is better than any HU power :)

for sure sol long as you arent drining them too hard since they will be over powered although in saying that speakwers handle being over powered far better than subs do.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]