Fordmods Logo

HELP SUBS OR SOMETHING 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP SUBS OR SOMETHING
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had another look at the subs today still not working. I though that the amp might be stuff but it check out fine as the power light was on. I plug a speaker into the amp i had nothing. I have had the cd player out for a while and it look like some tape i put around some wire has melt abit could this have any thing to do with? I'm also thing audio cable the red and white cables that plug into the amp and back of the cd player. Can anyone help that has the same type of problem .

any help would be great as i'm going insane.
matt

Post subject: subs
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

hey mate .. i had a simiular prob where i had no noise out of the subs even tho i had power to it .. i would be inclined to check the output amp on the back on the unit .. if you have noise when u hock ur head unit up the it most likly would be the rca out put ....
hope it helps mate
good luck

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

there is no noise at all usually when i have had the subs connect and i put the rca lead it has made a noise but now there isn't anything.

any other suggestion

matt

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

hey matt ... if u have power to the amp ... and still no noise .. it can be 1 of 5 things .. the first thing is rca leads are rat s**t .. 2 , the amp is rat s**t .. 3. the output on the rca is blown 4 its the head unit it self or its your subs .. ... do u have any other speakers connected to the amp .. if you do and they dont work either then you know that its not the subs .. if they work then u know ur subs ... then try ur rca leads .. run another set along side the car , from headunit to amp and see if it works then .. if it doesnt work then it the head unit or the amp .... ... the best way to kill all prospects is to just replace stuff .. if u have it on hand or know someone that can lend it to u .. so try ur amp , rca leads ... mate i hope i have been a help to u .. if u have any more dramas please give us a yell and ill see what we can come up with ....
once again mate good luck
hope it helps :)

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

i connected the back speaker up before and still nothing so i might try a new set rca leads then be in touch

matt

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]