Fordmods Logo

high pass or full??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: high pass or full???
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:46 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: eb xr6 and EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

just got a new cadence amp to replace my f**k pioneer one. the pioneer only high high pass or low pass options on it. this cadence one has low, hi and full. iv put it on high pass and the sound is a bit tinny. should i run it on full???? its powering 2 splits and 2 rears btw

Post subject: Re: high pass or full???
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yeah man, full pass is what you want. High pass will not let low frequencies through, ie your bass.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:01 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

The Pioneer had the same settings... The middle position of the switch is FULL, it's just not written.

Does the Cadence amp have a frequency dial to adjust the high pass/low pass level?

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Stone wrote:
The Pioneer had the same settings... The middle position of the switch is FULL, it's just not written.

Does the Cadence amp have a frequency dial to adjust the high pass/low pass level?

yeh mate it does. havnt touvhed it though. iv switched it to full pass now, sounds much better. sounds a tad distorted though when the stereo is up loud. the input level is down a bit on the amp but the sla (think its source level ajustment or something) on the head unit is up high because it makes it louder... should i turn it down on the headunit then turn up the input level on the amp to suit until i hear distortion then back off a little like it says in the book?

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

The distortion is because small speakers (not subs) are not meant to play bass. In a properly set up stereo the speakers will be running from an amp with HIGH PASS turned on and set around 80Hz and then the sub is set up to be LOW PASS to play everything below 80Hz.

If you don't have a sub, you can run the speakers at FULL but you need to turn the bass down or not turn it up as loud.

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Stone wrote:
The distortion is because small speakers (not subs) are not meant to play bass. In a properly set up stereo the speakers will be running from an amp with HIGH PASS turned on and set around 80Hz and then the sub is set up to be LOW PASS to play everything below 80Hz.

If you don't have a sub, you can run the speakers at FULL but you need to turn the bass down or not turn it up as loud.

yeh i realise this but it was doing it even when i was running it on high pass only, just sounds too overpowered. il play around with the head unit and see what i can sort out haha

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]