WA, Australia

Hey would this work?

Thanks

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

yep as long as its a sine wave inverter, or it won't handle the xbox although don;t quote me on that
and put TV on ACC not B+

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

XR6 EF wrote:
yep as long as its a sine wave inverter, or it won't handle the xbox although don;t quote me on that
and put TV on ACC not B+

TV is fine there though...if its 12v capable....however if I were you and anyone getting serious about running a console and screen in there cars id be getting a pure-sine wave or digital pure sine-wave invertor for the extra cost with dual GPOs...that way xbox and monitor will plug striaght in like normal wall outlets...

Going pure sine wave will mean a "cleaner" current is delivered to your devices making them last longer but the main benifit is their motors run cooler....cars get hot so no good going for along summer drive..ya passenger playing xbox and then its shuts off cause of the heat.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:35 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 MKII

WA, Australia

MM, well im looking @ like a little 7inch tft that is 12v capable so yeh.

thanks you all your help

PS: any1 got any pics of a playstation 1/2 or a xbox setup?

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia

VIC, Australia

thats pretty much the same layout i was gunna use for my in-car entertainment system, im gunna use my xbox media center tho

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 MKII

WA, Australia

Yeh i got a chipped xbox, it will boot to unleashx dashboard, then ill just load xbmc If i get a lcd touch screen.. could i plug it into my xbox usb? would there be usb driver support

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

I've posted this in another incar xbox thread so will add it here too as an FYI.

** LEGALITY NOTE **

Now so you guys all know and this was a drama ive now run into....having passenger side dash mounted screens :-

Are prohibited if this side was originally fitted with an airbag...and requires a 10mm foam cover over the screen area if you want it to be legal.....it still has to be engineered tho....

Dashes standard have a 10mm thick hardened foam for impact give...by cutting this or replacing with screen/mould you have decreased the safety of your vehicle in a crash circumstance....this is a big s**t fight ive had to go thru with mine....u guys wanting to run smaller screens may get away with it but might pay to talk to local engineer or something...unless ya happy to just do it and risk it....i had too.

Same as TV power line should be via the handbrake cable so the screen may only be on when the vehicle is parked...but we all know thats dodgy as you can re-route with a hidden toggle to bypass that or drive around with the handbrake up on one notch so its on but wont effect the vehicles motion.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

fordjared wrote:
Yeh i got a chipped xbox, it will boot to unleashx dashboard, then ill just load xbmc If i get a lcd touch screen.. could i plug it into my xbox usb? would there be usb driver support

not as far as i know. ive tried a couple of things in the front of my modded box and they didnt really work....try here tho

www.xbox100.com

Formerly SpuDEF

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]