IN DASH DVD HEAD UNIT FOR EL FALCON 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: IN DASH DVD HEAD UNIT FOR EL FALCON
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EL Falcon

SA, Australia

Hey fellas,
Ive just bought a EL Falcon Saphire, one owner, full history and a ball biter of a car problem is i wanted to fit a in dash DVD stereo with slide out screen! Wired it up, perfect all works beautifully, sounds awsome and as it was second hand EVERYTHING works perfect it even has some feature i didnt even expect. Then the drama started first i realise theres no cage to hold it in secure then i realise the EL has this stupid dash board which extends out about an inch and a half directly above the Head Unti so the screen slides out and hits the dash therefore will not open. So i need to find a way to install this thing so it sits secure and snug but hangs out about 2 inches. I find it hard to believe that no one has ever fitted one of these units to a EL yet i spoke to a so called "GURU" whose only advice was ïf you had asked me before you bought it i would have said "Dont buy it" d***head!!!
So anyone tell me how i can fit this so it looks neat and like it should be there or show me one already done PLEEEEASE!!! Other wise the misses has her eye on it for her car as it would fit straight in (aint gunna happen!!!)

Post subject: Re: IN DASH DVD HEAD UNIT FOR EL FALCON
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:50 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

thread moved to Audio, Visual and Communications Forum , as it has nothing to do with a 6 cyl engine... :)

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

Perhaps source a 2 din surround (was fitted to the upspec Ghia models w/premium sound. Have a look on e-bay, or wreckers if you're lucky) and fit the head unit into the bottom section, then fill out the top section with a 1 din pocket. You can find those at autobarn and the like.
Either that or you'll be looking for a 2" spacer.. which in my opinion would look awful.

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EL Falcon

SA, Australia

Thanks mate that a good idea i didnt realise there was a premium sound option in the EF-EL models so ill check it out!!
Esteven8 wrote:
Perhaps source a 2 din surround (was fitted to the upspec Ghia models w/premium sound. Have a look on e-bay, or wreckers if you're lucky) and fit the head unit into the bottom section, then fill out the top section with a 1 din pocket. You can find those at autobarn and the like.
Either that or you'll be looking for a 2" spacer.. which in my opinion would look awful.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]