Fordmods Logo

Installing a new alarm system in a EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Installing a new alarm system in a EF
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

g'day all, i want to install a new alarm system in my EF in a few weeks and wondering if i should get it professionally done or give a shot installing it my self, i have hooked up headunits before and what not, easy job to handle?

im looking at a alarm system with remote start ( dont worry, ill be getting the smartlock bypass box)

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

do it yourself :P its not impossible, if you can follow wiring diag's and u have time then get to it n ull save heaps specially if you want remote start as places usually charge a fortune for that, my alarm was 300 to fit and they wernt going to do remote start. so i did it myself

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Falcon Classic

WA, Australia

yeah i have installed remote start kits. pretty simple, just time consuming, but installing an alarm is always much easier if there was one in there before.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

not hard mate but comes down to whether or not you have a good enough understanding of what your doing....and access to tools..(better to solder and so on then just tape it all....only since its an alarm and so kinda important :P )....

Soemtimes is just better to get a pro to install it or get someone to help that has a good idea of what to do...obviously when you install the alarm ya gonna wanna test things and if something dont work are you gonna know where to look to fix or diagnose the problem ? ... also a professionally installed alarm.... will give u the full warranty as most joints do 1yr warranty supplied or 3yrs if installed....also was it just an alarm with immobiliser and remote start ? or does it involve sensors like glass breakage etc...as they will involve tuning etc

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]