Fordmods Logo

Installing Amp in BA Ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Installing Amp in BA Ute
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:57 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hey all, well as the title states, Installin a amp into a Ford Falcon XLS Ute.
anyone got some idears of where i can get "Remote Power/Alternate" from?? i don't wanna rip my dash apart really...

And has anyone else done this before, i got quoted $110 to install ground, power n remote wires to the spacecab then i would install it from there.

But for 3 wires, thats pricy for sumthing that is so easy if i noe where to get them..

Thx All

Soon to be the finest Sounding BA Ute

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

ACT, Australia

Look underneath where the fuse box is inside the cab. You'll find two connectors that aren't connected to anything. One has two pins the other has four. These connectors are for the mobile phone wiring and you can get power that is switched on and off by the ignition from the four pin connector....it's the black wire with a stripe running down it.

Join that to your Remote Power terminal on the amp and that will switch it on an off when you turn the key to accessories. Connect the positive terminal on the amp to the positive terminal on the battery, and use a fuse as close to the battery as you can. If your car is an auto, you can just pull out the grommit where the clutch is supposed to go and get the cable through the firewall there.

All I did to connect the negative terminal on the amp to ground was just drill a hole under the seat and sand a bit of paint away then used a bolt to connect the wire to the chassis.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]