Fordmods Logo

installing single din mp3 eclipse headunit into ba.. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: installing single din mp3 eclipse headunit into ba..
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Eb Fairmont II AND BA XT FALCON

VIC, Australia

just wondering where i would snatch accessory power and the constant power from to run it...gonna install it any which way i can for now until this joint on the net brings out a fascia for the dash which fits a headunit insted oftissue box lol if any one is generous enough would u be able to let me know which wires run the speakers(colours) so its just a straight cut from the stock ba headunit n join to the new one

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

First I'm not sure what cable is what but the way I did it in my EA when i has it was just get a multi-meter and test for the ignition and constant power.
First find the negative (ground) cable on the connector (which at a stab i'm going to guess black, normally is and might also be a bit thicker gauge cable too) then with a multi-meter just go from pin to pin with the ignition off and which ever one you get a reading from will be your constant power, then do the same with the ignition on and you'll find your ignition power cable.

Lil bit of work and easy enough to do, if your multi-meter probes are small enough to get into the connector holes i'd recommend to do that rather than taking it apart.

Hope this will help you a bit. also have a piece of paper and pen handy for when you find out what a cable is.

on another note, what Eclipse Head unit did u get? :lol:

My EL Gli.

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Eb Fairmont II AND BA XT FALCON

VIC, Australia

thanks heaps for the reply dude this is exactly i got the headunit into my old car(eb). however coz im installing into a ba i dnt think i could take the power from the icc coz i reckon thatd run the whole unit not just radio? u cant splice into power can you?

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

i run my mp3 player through the auxillary! heaps easier :D

Team EGO

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

=MaNiaK= wrote:
thanks heaps for the reply dude this is exactly i got the headunit into my old car(eb). however coz im installing into a ba i dnt think i could take the power from the icc coz i reckon thatd run the whole unit not just radio? u cant splice into power can you?

sorry yeah didn't think of that don't know too much about BA's unfortunately
I guess you could splice into it, though depends on how much power the cable can take.

Only done splicing a few times for thermo fans and to get the tacho working used scotch locks (i think thats what they're called anyway). have heard of people cutting the wire completely using these though.
Another thing would be screw down locks, use them to join two wires together without soldering, have to cut the wires though and then use this to join them back together and splice in your Head Unit power lines.

I'd be a bit hesitant to splice into the speaker cables as you'd more than likely do amp damage to one or both units.

which model did you end up getting? be interested to see what you think of it and how it goes

My EL Gli.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]