Fordmods Logo

ipod headunits - What Displays on your iPod? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: ipod headunits - What Displays on your iPod?
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

being Christmas... i got a new 6th gen iPod classic (my old 5th gen has died) its the one with cover flow etc... i also have a alpine iPod head unit in my car... when i connected the 5th gen it would just say "Alpine" and "ok to Disconnect" on the screen... But my new one now displays "Alpine" and one line that cycles between the Artist and Title of the Track Playing... (Its all controlled through the head unit) just wondering if any others show more/less info...? id like to chuck a heap more info/ maybe make it display the album cover if possible...

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Mine just says "apline" and "ok to disconnect"

everything is controlled through the headunit.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

mine is a pioneer head deck. it says pioneer and has the pioner logo thing and it also says the artist and track name. my headeck also contorls the ipod when it is connected. the ipod menu is on the head deck screen

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

A mate just bought one of those cheapish Jensen units from Repco for about $140.00. It does full Ipod control - you use the buttons on the CD players remote or on the face to control the Ipod.

Post subject: Re: ipod headunits - What Displays on your iPod?
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
being Christmas... i got a new 6th gen iPod classic (my old 5th gen has died) its the one with cover flow etc... i also have a alpine iPod head unit in my car... when i connected the 5th gen it would just say "Alpine" and "ok to Disconnect" on the screen... But my new one now displays "Alpine" and one line that cycles between the Artist and Title of the Track Playing... (Its all controlled through the head unit) just wondering if any others show more/less info...? id like to chuck a heap more info/ maybe make it display the album cover if possible...

Cheers Cam

I think it has something to do with the firmware on the iPod itself. I have done the same thing - Upgraded from a 60gb Ipod Video (5th Gen) to a 160gb iPod classic.
The Video would just have the time/battery info on the top of the screen, the Pioneer logo in the centre, and would have OK to disconnect at the bottom. The screen was on a white background.
My Ipod classic has all of this information, as well as the artist/song that is currently playing.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Chris

Attachments:
DSC00214.JPG
DSC00214.JPG [ 106.37 KiB | Viewed 1582 times ]

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cheers chris... yeah i think it is a ipod model/firmware thing... just figured the headunit gets the ipod to display its logo so might be a few other options...

Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:21 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon UTE

NSW, Australia

there is a new alpine head unit that displays album art, artist, song title and album title on the head unit itself through its little lcd screen.. my brother has it, and looks absolutely awesome. i have the baby model of it which only has 2 lines of lettering, so it can only show a combiination of artist, song title and album title.

the only down side of this deck is that it cannot take cd. its dedicated ipod \ usb drive. and radio. but it still looks sweet. and everything can be easily accessed from the head unit.

http://www.alpine.com.au/products/produ ... odelID=402

AUII Falcoon Ute
5spd, Lowered, 2 1/2in Exaust, Genie Headers, XR6 Turbo Intake Snorkel, Au Series 2 17in Tickford Rims

www.myspace.com/wazza13

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i did have a look at that one when i brought mine... very nice head unit... any idea if a ipod displays the same info as the picture above? (with different logo obviously)

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I was looking at that head unit the other night but its just to expensive for what i want. Anyway does anyone know whether ipod compatible HU also support the iphone (my parents FG plays music from my iphone but doesnt display the ID3 tags)?

Thanks

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

you'd be best of checking out a suppliers website... i think jvc do some nice cheap ones...

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I'll have another look around tonight. I have a JVC HU at the moment and its really good except I'm sick of holding lots of CD's in my car. I'm thinking about going out tomorrow and buying one of the those cheap Jensen HU (HD5212) at Repco that twr7cx mentioned

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]