Fordmods Logo

JBL Sub 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: JBL Sub
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 BA MKII XR8 Ute

VIC, Australia

hey hows it going all, just the other day i found that in my brothers old ford thats in my backyard had a 400W amp in it and to which i never knew about.
Once acking my brother if i can have it he relented and gave it up to me because he doesnt need his music pumping inside his car once up and running ( rebuilding a XT i think ).

i had a mate come over who is very cluey with in-car audio sound systems who helped myself and showed me how to install this amp to my 6"X9". once done this the power running to 6x9 was too much and was distorting them at low volume which i was very disapointed about.

It got the better of me after a day or to of not being able to crank up the volume on any decent song due to the distortion, once again i called up my mate and we went down to strathfield and looked at subs for my car, i knew that i wanted something around the 1000W range and 12". I saw in on the net a 1000W pioneer sub for $200 which i though was cheap, until we spoke to one of our mates at strathfield.

We went for the JBL subs which i wasnt too sure about until my mate convinced me that they were a really good sub and once again he was correct. after a days instalation we had the 1200W JBL sub up and thumpin. heres a pic of it.

The one thing i really love about this sub is that its designed to go hard and the bonus is that it pumped harder without a port hole which is new to me.
Let me know what you guys think of it and about your own subs.

Attachments:
GTO1202D.jpg
GTO1202D.jpg [ 10.77 KiB | Viewed 981 times ]

The Ute's Numbers
Dyno Day - 218 rwkw
Drag Day - 15.00

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

bro has the last year JBL model 12" subs in his el. its powered by a response 4channel amp. each sub is rated at 250wrms but theyre running 380wrms and let me tell you, there is not one thing that doesnt shake. the rattles are unbearable and yes, they pump out a lot more in sealed box.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

how f**ken hard do tyhey pump out the bass my 12" sub is a 1200W sub but has an RMS of 300W, its connected up to my 400W 4 chennel amp and once up and pumping your ears ring like there is no tomorrow and it drains the s**t out of my battery.

The Ute's Numbers
Dyno Day - 218 rwkw
Drag Day - 15.00

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:12 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

whao i have a 10" and im already happy with it......started playing the THX bass tester and that vibrated my carport and next door neighbours roof gutter. oh and i do have 7.5" or 8" speakers on my parcel shelf which also add to the bass......but not that much i dun think?

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh i made my next door neighbours really p****d off the other day because i made a cd with BASS TEST songs on it by THX, Bass mechanics, Chemical brothers, brocklyn bounce and a few other ones. i set one of their cars alarms when i hade the bass up to full volume.

My 6x9 add a bit more bass but not too much its very minimal and im not sure how you have your setting on your head unit soo im not sure if your speakers will be pumping out bass. if you want to get more bass out of it fade the sound to the rear and play around with the slant and the loud settings

The Ute's Numbers
Dyno Day - 218 rwkw
Drag Day - 15.00

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

SA, Australia

these are mine
:D

two 12" Rockwood Dual voice coil 1000w max(300wrms each)
They are running 4ohm stable bridged in series on my Cadence q series 400wrms 4 channel amp. I wish that i had bought a 600wrms amp now but atleast i can go larger later on.

Nice and heavy.. just running in a dual sealed box atm but im definatley looking into a perspex or glass custom enclosure.

cheers

Ps -sorry about picture quality.(ill get better fotos soon)

Attachments:
ABCD0002.JPG
ABCD0002.JPG [ 68.52 KiB | Viewed 160 times ]
ABCD0001.JPG
ABCD0001.JPG [ 80.22 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

VIC, Australia

are they gold plated???

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

umm... not sure... some of it is like a contact but most of it feels like its been dipped..

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

NSW, Australia

[SH4UN0] wrote:
.....play around with the slant and the loud settings

FYI - When you turn on the LOUD setting on the headunit it stretches the sound wave, therefore distorting it (Like a sine wave on a CRO if you are into electronics). This is due to the crappy inefective nature of headunit internal amplifiers :P.

However if you are running external amps the LOUD function of the headunit will cause your speakers to distort and possibly damage them because the amps are amplifying a distorted sound wave.

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ill keep that in mind and ill have a muck around with the settings

The Ute's Numbers
Dyno Day - 218 rwkw
Drag Day - 15.00

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]