Fordmods Logo

Kill switch 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL XR8

VIC, Australia

Just a suggestion. I have a kill switch hooked up to my EL XR8 manual, it requires no more switches or anything, It is hooked up to the reverse lights, so the car has to be in reverse for it to go. Mine is hooked up to the started motor, so unless your in reverse she wont turn over.

Just a suggestion. When im getting it serviced stumps my mechanic every time. Quite funny really.

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairmont

VIC, Australia

thomo1981 wrote:
Just a suggestion. I have a kill switch hooked up to my EL XR8 manual, it requires no more switches or anything, It is hooked up to the reverse lights, so the car has to be in reverse for it to go. Mine is hooked up to the started motor, so unless your in reverse she wont turn over.

Just a suggestion. When im getting it serviced stumps my mechanic every time. Quite funny really.

But what if your in a hurry and forget to brake when starting the car up. *Bang*

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

FINGER PRINT SCANNER is ur option. put it anywhere obvious....the thief would still wont be able to steal it :P or an electronic combination lock instead of a switch. but that might just cost a fair bit more.

anyways back on topic. u can put the switch in the glove box. or outside the car ;) so before u get in the car u kick a switch (hopefully a heavy duty one). i dont think people look outside for a kill switch but u know wiring it from the inside all the way outside would require more work. just an idea though.

but honestly.....u should think of an idea of urself of where it goes instead of askin or people will be able to find out and get ideas for when they steal someones car

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

GyzmO wrote:
thomo1981 wrote:

But what if your in a hurry and forget to brake when starting the car up. *Bang*

its a manual lol, and i think he would remember to put the clutch down :P

my uncle has a mad one in his pajero, wat it is is that there's something wrong with the ignition and the key only works 1/4 of the time...the rest he has to crawl under the car and put a piece of battery cable connecting the starter motor to some other cable to get the car to turn over

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

earth the coil out to the ciggerette lighter, take the lighter with you when you leave the car, coil has no earth, and doesnt start. Put the lighter back in the slot and start the car once you jump back in.

Dont know if this would work, read about it somewhere..

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

i was about to say the same thing .use the lighter

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

I have a great spot for a kill switch , but Im not posting it on an open forum and giving away my secret !! Word eventually gets out and before you know it , everyone is "in the know"

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

I like the idea of this switch, you have to hold a magnet up to the dash to be able to start it.

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/IgnitionKillSwitch.html

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2