Fordmods Logo

LPG tank and subwoofers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: LPG tank and subwoofers
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, long time reader, first time posting.

I did find a thread about how to hide your lpg tank, but that was about all, so sorry if this has been asked. (When the hell is the search function going to be fixed??)

Basically, I'm looking into getting my stereo done finally (K Rudd's money was my incentive :D) and I was wondering if the LPG tank in the boot is going to affect the sub/s in there. Will I still be able to hear the bass just as well, or will the tank get in the way? Or does this depend on the sub? Anything I should know? Oh I'm looking at either one or two 12" subs at the moment.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: LPG tank and subwoofers
Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:50 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 96 EF Ghia wagon

Power: 122 rwkw

SA, Australia

As a sub in my LPG wagon was a bit impractical, I went for shaker speakers under the seats. Just got the system put in on Friday thanks to K.Rudd.
I'm not too sure what they are equivalent to in a sub woofer system, but 2 x 20w shakers per seat running from a 2 x 50w amp & a crossover (?Hz) puts a massive smile on my dial. It gives me Buns of Bass & tingly nuts. :D :D Will be checking it out on my girl today to get her opinion of it. Might have to Velcro her to the leather seats. :twisted:

Stock as a Rock engine option 'Z'
302 V8 auto on LPG @ 210,00km
- 121.7 rwkW / 163.3 rwHP

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Falcon Forte with VCT 4L

WA, Australia

Will I still be able to hear the bass just as well, or will the tank get in the way? Or does this depend on the sub? Anything I should know? Oh I'm looking at either one or two 12" subs at the moment.

well im about to put in 2 x 600w 12inch subs, running off a 1100w alpine amp.. and with my 70L gas tank in the boot space is alittle if any... puttin them in sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

Ok,

Yes it will have some affect on the subs - but it is not that bad. If you don't like it - just get a bigger sub.

When I had my EF, I had a decent sub (Kicker L7 12" running at 750wrms). The sound system was there before the LPG was - so I did all that I could to keep the sub. I was able to get it to fit.
Attachment:
DSC00086.jpg
DSC00086.jpg [ 335.18 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]

As you can see, there was little room in the boot left - all this meant is that I ended up using the back seat and the floor instead of the boot 8-)

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]