Fordmods Logo

Michael's Audio System, Opinions and Advice Please! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Michael's Audio System, Opinions and Advice Please!
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

I have mine set to 120Hz, I found the bass below that to be muddy and bleh....

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

I can't see myself listening to music through my front speakers only. But I do know what your getting at.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

I haven't put the rears in from my signature yet... I've only had the fronts for 6 years or so and everyone who listened to my car thought there was 4 speakers. If you have good loud speakers set up well, you won't even need rears. The music surrounds you but keeps a good front stage.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

hey bud go down to auto bar and get some clarion speekers (srp1620m) there ausome speakers
and just get a 600 watt amp to power the four, for your sub go 2 12' 1000 watt clarion subs
with like a 1600 watt mono block amp =] cheerz daniel

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Oh no.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

hawkzs wrote:
hey bud go down to auto bar and get some clarion speekers (srp1620m) there ausome speakers
and just get a 600 watt amp to power the four, for your sub go 2 12' 1000 watt clarion subs

Thanks for that awesome incite, did you read the rest of the forum?

87SIlude wrote:
I can't see myself listening to music through my front speakers only. But I do know what your getting at.

So you never listened to a home stereo? OR Ipod? I hate listening to 4 speakers now I have become used to fronts only.

Stereo = 2 channels, I just want to make that obvious. lol.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ea BRock b8

Power: 217 rwkw

VIC, Australia

jrloz wrote:
hawkzs wrote:

Thanks for that awesome incite, did you read the rest of the forum?

i think that he is giving what he thinks is a good setup as you have done .
I think that the guy needs to go into a sound place and listen to everything .
All have a different sound but interms of how much he wants to spend will determine what he will get
jrloz wrote:
Brockyb8 wrote:
definatly not a fan of those pioneer speakers at all .

? For speakers that arnt splits (cause i was too lazy to do it in this car) they sound great. Yea sure they cant handle bass for s**t but the treble is good.

my misses had them in her car and i hated the sound. I replaced them with a good set of splits and now it sounds much better .
But once again its all up to the individual

YEAH ITS A BROCK, AND YEAH HE DID DRIVE A FORD

FORD MAN TILL THE DAY I DIE

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your comments,

67RCE wrote:
Stone wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Stone wrote:
You can use glass (toughened) but it's hard to work with in the thickness you require for a sub box. Plexiglass is much easier to work with but also much easier to scratch.

15mm/19mm glass is simple to work with! Hell, anything under 19mm is easy to work with.

For someone who's done it before... I wouldn't be confident drilling into glass and wouldn't recommend it to someone who hasn't done it before.

True, As for drilling glass, get it drilled before you get it. You cannot drill toughened glass. It WILL shatter.

I had always planned to get the glass cut to size i heard 12 - 15mm is safe to use. I was thinking of using the router around the inside edge which the glass would slide in before i put the 4th side on then use some kind clear sealant to hold and seal it properly?? I don't think i need to be worried about the glass breaking if there is a real problem ill port the box.

I have my mind set on the clarion Sub PXW1252 and amp DPX1851.

As for the speakers i will be going to autobarn on the weekend and hope they have some clarion splits setup so i can have a listen and choose a set, then i ill find the appropriate clarion amp to suit . Besides there i will try strathfield because there across the road. Ill will use the clarion speakers i have now to put i the back.

Regards.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Brockyb8 wrote:
my misses had them in her car and i hated the sound. I replaced them with a good set of splits and now it sounds much better .

Oh i can see how someone wouldnt like the sound of these speakers, dont get me wrong.
Not enough midbass with a bit too much treble, but i really like them for the sort of music i listen to (Rock/metal)

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:04 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

One question mate. Why Clarion? Not a diss to them as they make some good gear.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

jrloz wrote:
Brockyb8 wrote:

Oh i can see how someone wouldnt like the sound of these speakers, dont get me wrong.
Not enough midbass with a bit too much treble, but i really like them for the sort of music i listen to (Rock/metal)

And those TSD speakers have the most mellow treble out of pretty much all the Pioneer speakers, except for the top of the line splits.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:13 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Stone wrote:
jrloz wrote:
Brockyb8 wrote:

And those TSD speakers have the most mellow treble out of pretty much all the Pioneer speakers, except for the top of the line splits.

That almost makes me want them now haha. I love the sound coming from Klipsch speakers purely for their treble. Slightly harsh but oh so nice.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

itlookslikeaxr6 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your comments,

67RCE wrote:
Stone wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Stone wrote:
You can use glass (toughened) but it's hard to work with in the thickness you require for a sub box. Plexiglass is much easier to work with but also much easier to scratch.

15mm/19mm glass is simple to work with! Hell, anything under 19mm is easy to work with.

For someone who's done it before... I wouldn't be confident drilling into glass and wouldn't recommend it to someone who hasn't done it before.

True, As for drilling glass, get it drilled before you get it. You cannot drill toughened glass. It WILL shatter.

I had always planned to get the glass cut to size i heard 12 - 15mm is safe to use. I was thinking of using the router around the inside edge which the glass would slide in before i put the 4th side on then use some kind clear sealant to hold and seal it properly?? I don't think i need to be worried about the glass breaking if there is a real problem ill port the box.

12mm should be fine, 15mm would be more preferable. Get a price on the glass, let me know, and I will see what I can get it for. 15mm will take quite a beating before it shows any sign of failing.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
12mm should be fine, 15mm would be more preferable. Get a price on the glass, let me know, and I will see what I can get it for. 15mm will take quite a beating before it shows any sign of failing.

Ill ring up River City Glass on Lytton Rd, Hemmant and ask for a price a bit closer to the box build, if there's not much difference ill just go for the 15mm.

This is what i was planning for the sub, just one of course. You can see where the glass will come into play. As for the sides i might not have so much angle but havn't really thought about it and will wait till im actually building it. I will be able to get to my spare wheel as well as have plenty of space.

Why clarion someone asked?? I love the look of the sub, they have good gear most of which is black, white, silver, blue so it works well with the car.

Regards.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

because i dont no what im talking bout sorry! maby have a listen to my car before you judge me or clarion , except i run 12' type r subs (Y)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next