Mounting an amp 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Mounting an amp
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Hey, I know this has been asked before, and I have a few ideas, and done a search, but I'm after some ideas where to mount the amp in my EF, it's a pretty big amp too, and would only JUST fit on the back of the big part of the back seat, that's where I am sorta thinking about mounting it, but any other ideas and pics would be appreciated.

Cheers, Gab

Post subject: Re: Mounting an amp
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Hanni - BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

I dont have pics or links but ive seen people make and fit a carpeted "wall" to go from one side of the boot to the other and mounted their amps to that - looks quite good if its done right too . . .

One question - what sort of power output is the Amp? Surely you could get your hands on something smaller with a similar output these days without braking the back pocket or are you running a pretty serious system?

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Yeah I wouldnt mind making a carpeted wall, that'd be cool, running a pretty basic system actually, there's heaps of smaller/better amps out there at the moment, but I am on a budget at the moment and I cant afford one just yet. So I'll hafta work something out.

Gab

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have a free-air system...where my boot is the box for the two subs I got. I built a baffle board across the back of the rear seats. I mounted the amp on a floating base which is attached to the rear of that baffle board. A glass window is put in the centre to see the mono block on one side of the floating base while the 4 channel amp is on the other side of the floating base and can only be seen when the boot is open.

Here is the view from the cabin.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Hanni - BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

Yeah fair enough gab1 - know exactly what its like ;) And Phongus that looks wikkid - how does it perform?

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i6_demon wrote:
Yeah fair enough gab1 - know exactly what its like ;) And Phongus that looks wikkid - how does it perform?

Thanks.

It does the job. Free-air subs aren't really clear...was going to upgrade to a boxed sub but never got around to do it.

Another way of mounting amps is on either side of the boot, between the tail light and wheel arch. Looks neat and tidy and leaves plenty off room. If not a false floor and mount it underneath the floor...if you want people to see your amps just put perpex glass.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

after much pricing and research i found the ford premium amp puts out the same as a low level 4 channel from pioneer (was going to cost alot more to do it that way) so i used fords amp and head unit works great and im just in the middle of getting new speakers and sub for it

i bought the mounting bracket and everything but after much toying i believe the amp looks better shown

so i decided to do this

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]