Fordmods Logo

My 7" LCD indash DVD player installed 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

I got one with the touch screen for the wifes car and it is reasonable quality, the only thing with the one I got is that it looses the memory every now and again and there is a pesky ignition noise that I can kill entirely.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF Falcon XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

Paulc, where did you get that aerial from ? And Twason it sounds like that the memory wire for the HU is not wired up properly or if wired then there a problem with contacts, check the memory wire at the back of HU,My one never loses memory, even if i turn the car off while DVD is playing, when i turn back on the DVD resumes,cheers.

2006 BF Falcon XR6 N/A - <current>
1995 EF Falcon Futura

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

Looks nice. I just bought the latest JVC double din touch screen for mine to replace my current less practical set up. Good to see yours and get an idea of what mine will look like.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli

SA, Australia

Sam_Rizvi wrote:
Paulc, where did you get that aerial from ? And Twason it sounds like that the memory wire for the HU is not wired up properly or if wired then there a problem with contacts, check the memory wire at the back of HU,My one never loses memory, even if i turn the car off while DVD is playing, when i turn back on the DVD resumes,cheers.

Memory wire?? Whats that? I have the same headunit except mines touchscreen, silver and branded as Super. I have a few problems First: The h/u has to be manually turned on everytime and when i go from acc to start the car it turns off again, really annoyin!!
Secondly: It never remembers the position of my USB and always goes back to the start and
Finally: Worst problem of all is that today the screen froze up and wont move so i cant adjust the angle of it and my cd is stuck in the unit.
Any help with all 3 of my problems would be much appreciated.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

fordnuttz wrote:
Sam_Rizvi wrote:

Memory wire?? Whats that? I have the same headunit except mines touchscreen, silver and branded as Super. I have a few problems First: The h/u has to be manually turned on everytime and when i go from acc to start the car it turns off again, really annoyin!!
Secondly: It never remembers the position of my USB and always goes back to the start and
Finally: Worst problem of all is that today the screen froze up and wont move so i cant adjust the angle of it and my cd is stuck in the unit.
Any help with all 3 of my problems would be much appreciated.

1 & 2 you have no constant power wired up which is why that is happeneing. Did you install it or did someone professional.

3, try hitting the reset buttin on the back.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

It has constant power. I wired it the same way i wired my alpine and my alpine worked fine. I have installed about 9 different cd/dvd players in various cars before and none of them have had this problem. When u turn the key on the red power button lights up so im thinkin that its a feature for it to do this. Also if you turn off the beep next time you use the uit the beep will be back on and it always loses time off the clock.
In regards to number 3 i went out before and started my car and the screen came out so i got no idea what the go is.

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Does anyone know if theres anyway at all i cant prevent it from losing it's memory and not automatically turning on cos if not i might have to go back to good quality Alpine decks..

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Has anyone else with this deck had the same problem??

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2