Fordmods Logo

My BA boot is sealing in too much subwoofer volume! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
You want more cabin volume then leave the 40 split up....custom moulded fibreglass box behind the seats....subs inverted on the outside of the box firing into the box...and to the cabin....then a nice 4" port up into and exiting through the parcel shelf.... :P will provide the best in cabin doof doof.

Nothing worse then dumping all this good audio gear into your boot and not being able to hear it as loud as it shopuld be played, that's why hatchbacks rule supreme in this area.

With the port does it go all the way into the sub box or does it just go down a few inches into the boot area?

Also I don't think his missus would rip him to shreads. if she was going to do it she would have done it by now.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Just get more power and bigger subs. My BA has 2 JL 12s with 380wrms feeding them and there isnt and volume issues... just loads of loud bass

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
You want more cabin volume then leave the 40 split up....custom moulded fibreglass box behind the seats....subs inverted on the outside of the box firing into the box...and to the cabin....then a nice 4" port up into and exiting through the parcel shelf.... :P will provide the best in cabin doof doof.

Nothing worse then dumping all this good audio gear into your boot and not being able to hear it as loud as it shopuld be played, that's why hatchbacks rule supreme in this area.

With the port does it go all the way into the sub box or does it just go down a few inches into the boot area?

Also I don't think his missus would rip him to shreads. if she was going to do it she would have done it by now.

Well yeh i dont think his misses is gonna squeal much...she obvously already doesnt mind him packin a couple 12" subs poundin in the car....hence tho to save space Id go the cusotm mould...will perform better...make the porting easier and will provide the most boot space...

As far as adding the port....the size of the box will need to change and checked with the vendors specifications for the ported box size according to that sub....same goes for the ideal size of the port itself. As to how a port is fitted it doesnt have to go into the box as such...it can go a fair way in but then again doesnt have to...it all comes down the final result ya after.....long ports will produce a different output to a shorter one.

This sounds like a lot of work and is a bit more in the hip pocket but worth it and there isnt that much involved in doing it.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2