Fordmods Logo

my custom boot install advice 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cool,i'll face them away as ive always faced them away and am happy with how that sounds,i'll do more research on the porting bizzo
cheers

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

i recently turned my sub box around, had them firing at the seat. turned them to face the rear and its s**t louder now.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Gaz wrote:
i recently turned my sub box around, had them firing at the seat. turned them to face the rear and its s**t louder now.

yeh really depends but can sound better when facing the rear of the boot as with the rear seats up you can get cancellation...common prob most face is when they mount the box behind the seats they have the edge of the sub clean with the back of the seats...which is too close...there needs to be a gap even if small...

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

started the install today,woulda had it all done except my mates drill went flat and he left the charger at his last worksite,so we got the box done and the front face of the box,went for a single sealed box with a divider done to pioneer specs and im not having amps on display,they'll be hidden and its gonna look just like ebturbs boot but in an el,the cleaner basic looking install is easier<cant get the side walls finished till next weekend now

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Big Kev: Im running a s**t sony cdx 5500, so theres half my problem. I think it is too late to port the box, with the glass in the way and all. Ive got it sounding better, but it still needs a good tune from someone who isnt incompetent.

Aaron: Id be willing to help if you were to have a test day, i got like you, 2 12's facing cabin unported.

Car Killer.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2