Fordmods Logo

NC Alpine system 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: NC Alpine system
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA S Wagon and AU11 S Sedan.

VIC, Australia

Could anybody tell me if an NC Fairlane Alpine system will go straight into my EA Falcon S wagon, and also, what model CD stacker I would need. Any help would be much appreciated.

Big Pete.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

I'm sure it will bolt straight in, the only prob you will have is wiring. I pulled my factory alpine system out a few months ago. Just make sure you get all the wiring out of the NC.

Ben

Post subject: Re: NC Alpine system
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EBII

NSW, Australia

bigpete63 wrote:
Could anybody tell me if an NC Fairlane Alpine system will go straight into my EA Falcon S wagon,

it should be fine just remove all the old wires in the EA replace them with a new wire kit from JB hi-fi normaly around $30 depending on how many speakers

we might not have lost the Ashes if our cricketers picked lamb chops instead of mobile phones. Why on earth did they dispatch lurid text messages to English trollops when plenty of Aussie sheilas would gladly target their middle stump."

Post subject: Re: NC Alpine system
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

bigpete63 wrote:
Could anybody tell me if an NC Fairlane Alpine system will go straight into my EA Falcon S wagon, and also, what model CD stacker I would need. Any help would be much appreciated.

The CD stacker interface is most likely M-BUS much like it is in EF/ELs meaning the same advice should apply: Any M-BUS compatible Alpine stacker should work with the right adaptors to convert the proprietary plug on the back of the H/U to the DIN connector Alpine use.

As for a specific model of stacker that depends on the price you're willing to pay and what features you want. If the budget allows then I'd recommend the CHA-S634 since it plays MP3s (and being dual bus, gives you a future upgrade path if you want to take it) but it's likely more costly (mine cost $450 to fit a year ago) than a basic CD-only solution such as seeking out a genuine stacker or an Alpine CHM-S630.

Team Argon Silver

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]