Fordmods Logo

need help designing boot setup 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: need help designing boot setup
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey guys i have a 12" sub 2 amps and a cap i wanna mount all nice and pretty in my boot but am stuck completly for ideas one of the amps i wanna hide completley and the rest i want mounted nicely i have searched of the net but couldnt really find anything with only one sub and one amp any help would be great guys cheers

Post subject: Re: need help designing boot setup
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

shoey50 wrote:
hey guys i have a 12" sub 2 amps and a cap i wanna mount all nice and pretty in my boot but am stuck completly for ideas one of the amps i wanna hide completley and the rest i want mounted nicely i have searched of the net but couldnt really find anything with only one sub and one amp any help would be great guys cheers

Do u still wanna keep the ability to make use of all your boot space ?

Wopuld say to have a box made to fit nicely behind the rear setas...and either fire into the cabin or boot...probably better to fire into the boot...then ya amp can easily be mounted on the back of the box.

Your 2nd amp and cap unless u wanna show the cap off 2 (take it this is like a 0.5-5 farad cylinder style cap) could be hidden behind the right hand side boot carpet mould.

Up to u on how much boot space u want and how youd like to show things off...whether your more after a showy install and plan to spend a lil , whether ya on a tight budget or whether you want a "Stealth" install.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF xr6 5spd

SA, Australia

Im with Big Kev, How much boot space do you want left? If your car has a spare wheel well, you could sit an amp and sub in there but that is just a wierd thing to to.

-1994 EF XR6 + Factory 5speed = Fun :)

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Sandstone_EB_Fairmont wrote:
Im with Big Kev, How much boot space do you want left? If your car has a spare wheel well, you could sit an amp and sub in there but that is just a wierd thing to to.

yeh well he does want one amp hidden....so cap and the im guessin not so good lookin amp could be hidden in the spare wheel well. But depends on whether or not he requires the spare wheel

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i wanna display the cap aswell as far as boot space goes dont really give a rats how much room it takes up i also want the sub to work well as i enter it in db comps some time its a rockford p2 so i guess direction of the sub facing would also matter yes?

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

shoey50 wrote:
i wanna display the cap aswell as far as boot space goes dont really give a rats how much room it takes up i also want the sub to work well as i enter it in db comps some time its a rockford p2 so i guess direction of the sub facing would also matter yes?

the way it faces wont matter too much.....if ya trying to pull bigger db figures having it firing into the cabin since the microphone is placed in the front left of the dash. so if the sound is being forced forwards into the cabin and having the speaker cone face the cabin it will produce a higher db figure..with the seats folded down.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

anyone got an ruff designes they can think of?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]