NEW HEADUNIT 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: NEW HEADUNIT
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: VT S PACK

VIC, Australia

Hey, just about to get an EL Futura and i have purchsed an alpine CDA-9853. I want to put this in is there anything i should know. I dont know much other than what the instructn manual says plus the technical doco on wiring for the EL/F. Can someone tell me what "<!space>" means on the doco

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:42 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Moved to audio section.

Welcome to the forum mate :) Nice choice in headunit there - all the bells and whistles !

Best thing is to get a wiring harness - ie aftermarket plugs and loom that plug into the factory plugs, so that when you hardwire the headunit in, you hack up the aftermarket wiring harness and not the factory loom.

The <!space> simply refers to an empty spot in the plug - ie no connection.

Cheers,
Steve

PS, If you're local and need help with any wiring - give us a holler.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:06 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Lincoln Navigator

Oustide Australia

I think it was the aerpro catalogue that I saw specific model harnesses. ie You can plug an "Alpine" headunit directly into a "falcon". I'm pretty sure I saw it and this means purely plug and play. No stripping or anything.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:31 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Just make sure you disconnect your battery if you start cutting and soldering wires :)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Futura

VIC, Australia

XRated wrote:
Just make sure you disconnect your battery if you start cutting and soldering wires :)

Yeh I forgot to do that and blew the fuse! :P :D

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

i got the harness adaptors. i couldnt get a plug straight in one though but got two and soldered them together then it became a plug and play fit

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Good stuff - so when you go to sell your car, the factory stereo will fit in perfectly and the wire looms stay the same.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
Moved to audio section.

Welcome to the forum mate :) Nice choice in headunit there - all the bells and whistles !

Best thing is to get a wiring harness - ie aftermarket plugs and loom that plug into the factory plugs, so that when you hardwire the headunit in, you hack up the aftermarket wiring harness and not the factory loom.

The <!space> simply refers to an empty spot in the plug - ie no connection.

Cheers,
Steve

PS, If you're local and need help with any wiring - give us a holler.

Thanks steve mate, ill keep it in mind. So let me just clarify (sorry, sorta new to car mods) I get this harness and it attaches to the wires in my falcon sorta like extensions so i just cut the extensions bits not the real ones. Is this right, if so, do i need one for me head unit too. Also, where can i get them. Sorry to be a pest

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Futura

VIC, Australia

Yeh its got a plug at one end and bare wires at the other. Join the bare wires to the bare wires on the head unit, and the plug will just plug into the loom in your car.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hi mate,

I just fitted a sony explode CDX-S2010C with remote to my EL fairmont. I got it from super cheap auto . Anyway I picked up 2 wiring harnesses while i was there $15 each. Aeropro made them one was APP051 which suited EF/EL falcon original tape deck plugs. Then I brought APP8SP harness which suited the sony head unit and plugs straight into the other harness.

So yeah didn't have to cut or solder any wires (plug in and play) and it looks as professional as factory install. The only problem i had was with the 2 security bolts. I got one loose but the other one wouldn't turn and i was using a ford torx driver set. Had to drill it out and use a metric bolt instead.

From what i could see supercheap only had harnesses for Kenwood and sony head units. But i am sure you could get one for an alpine headunit.

All up took about 30min to install.

Cheers Luke

Post subject: Is it Difficult
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks for your help lately guys. Fordmods is really good like that. I just want some opinions, i have an average understanding of electronics and i have info on how to set the Headunit up but alot of my mates are telling me to get someone else to install it. It cant be that difficult could it. So long as i match the wires correctly. What do you guys think

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 pm 

VIC, Australia

Have a bash yourself mate - if you use common sense, there's not much you can stuff up - especially if you have a basic understanding of how things work.

Again, if you need a hand mate - more than happy to help out...I remember my first install into my first car - a mate of mine gave me a hand...dodgy bloke lol...but taught me lots (of what not to do!) haha.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:36 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

One thing to remember before you finish installing that unit is it is capable of running a fully active frotn stage + sub or front rear, sub with the preouts. The switch to select 3 way crossover or 2 way is on the underside of the unit and you cant get to it once it's insrtalled.

Not sure what gear your running or how you plan to use the unit but it certainly has the capability with BASS ENGINE PRO....

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Post subject: Wah?
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

pyroay wrote:
One thing to remember before you finish installing that unit is it is capable of running a fully active frotn stage + sub or front rear, sub with the preouts. The switch to select 3 way crossover or 2 way is on the underside of the unit and you cant get to it once it's insrtalled.

Not sure what gear your running or how you plan to use the unit but it certainly has the capability with BASS ENGINE PRO....

Hey man, i have no idea what all that means. At the moment i have stock as rock sound system and ill put the alpine 9853 in it. I am looking to upgrade speakers and get a sub. I dont want a fully sick system just somethin good. Do i have to get an amp even though it can run off the actual unit. What is this 3 channel 2 channel stuff. Sorry

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:58 pm 

VIC, Australia

Luke - Aaron is refering to 'Bass Engine Pro' - it's a bunch of features that Alpine put into their higher end-ish headunits...it gives you active crossover features, EQ and time correction - look up specs of the unit on google / alpine website www.alpine.com.au

Again mate - if you need a hand, let us know.

Vic Cruises & Events

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next