Fordmods Logo

Pioneer DVD in with pictures 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

earth works perfectly ta!

Next onmy list is the Blaunkput roof screen!

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

MooseMan wrote:
yeh CAA are a bunch of tossers really. I only tend to go there to buy and sell stuff because the forums smell strangely like RICE.

It's not surprising you say that, Rod. Especially since you were given two separate warnings on there for discussing stolen goods and have had your posting ability disabled indefinitely :wink:

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

They think that I have had posting ability disabled. They should have IP banned me. Even on my new accounts alot of the high posters there have the god mentality and are just wankers.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

MooseMan wrote:
alot of the high posters there have the god mentality

imagine if that happened here... frank would be a god!! :lol: :lol:

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Ah well, I can't say that I've ever found the people on Car Audio Australia very friendly, informative yes, but not friendly the way they are.

Finished product:
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4607/pioneerfo3.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9015/pioneer2gm9.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8304/pioneer4ip3.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6753/pioneer6nf9.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4251/pioneer5ls0.jpg

If you can't tell the pictures were taken on the mobile, couldn't find the olds camera.

I fitted an Aerpro CD/DVD holder in the DIN spot above.
I also installed the Pioneer unit sticking out a fair bit so that I could get a nice angle on the screen when it's on. Looks a bit silly, but it's practically much better!
Screen quality is so much better than the eBay.com.au cheapie I had before (which had a Sharp screen)! Can actually see it from the sides and such!

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Scorched ED

VIC, Australia

Looks really good mate. How much was the unit? and where abouts did you get the cd din thing?

Mods: Pacemaker Extractors, 2.5" exhaust, Edge 17" wheels, clear indicators and repeaters, good sound system (bad install job), tinted windows, Sony Scorcher body kit, XH snorkle, K&N Panel Filter

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

hey mate that is the same head unit as mine. Tell me about the cd/dvd holder thing in the slot above as im thinking of getting a double din because mine is all dodgy and unfitted properly... what is it? a player or what? plz inform me :D

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I got it all from work (Repco), the top DIN peice is an Aerpro brand item, we don't stock them but order them (there pretty quick to come in, one or two days from the supplier), theres heaps of different options, you can get a 6 CD/DVD dics holder such as I have, a cup holder, a storage tray, etc., and they come in a range of colours, black, silver, carbon fiber. I'm pretty sure Supercheap Auto also keep Aerpro items, actually I'm 100% sure they do, but they probably don't stock all these ones either (not the most common selling item and to much variety to keep stock I guess).

The unit in the second DIN is a Pioneer AVH-P5750DVD (check out http://www.pioneer.com.au), f**k awsome is about the only thing really to say! I've very impressed with it. Plays DVD's and has the screen all in single DIN unit. And the touch screen is just awsome to show off!!!
However, bloody exy! Ryda Superstore (http://www.ryda.com.au) list them for $1,333.00 - I can't say I'm keen on an internet purchase for that much. Repco's retail on them is $1,797.99 (I probably shouldn't mention what I pay - don't mean to be an ashole, but it's a known fact that employes get a discount and I don't wanna loose that! :-) ). I actually havn't paid work for it yet, I'm gunna ring around, as Repco have some new policy about not being beaten on price, so if I can get a genuine quote from somewhere like Ryda that's cheaper than my price (which the 1,333.00 is) hopefully that's all I'll pay!

There's a huge mess of wiring and cords that I've just jamed underneath it, out of sight, out of mind!

Would of had the Blaunkput roof screen installed if I had chance to get to d**k Smiths to grap an adapter for the Video cable. But all the wirings there and the holes are in the brackets, just need the adapter, connect it up, mount it and done!

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeh I know about ur dvd player, I have the same unit (thought I said that lol)... anyway yeh I was enquiring about ur "disc holder"... so its just a holder, as in lets the discs out when u want them, like put ur favs in there? these aerpro things, do they fit perfectly into 1 of the din slots? cause if so I will buy a double din, put my player in the bottom and get one of the aerpro things for the top so it fits better then what I have it now

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

f**k buying a double din, I just cut my single into one! :-)

Yeah it's a perfect DIN size. Even has mounting hole in the right place. I got brackets from a wrecker for like $5.

Just a holder for your favourite CD/DVD discs.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
dont call me boy

call ya what i want mate ;)

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

wouldnt you get around cops checkin out the handbrake by having the wire thats meant to go to handbrake thing split in two with the same guage wire, but then make one go to the handbrake thing, and the other go to a switch b4 being ground.

if your pulled over just bang the switch and works legally...when u want to have it on while driving just turn switch the other way ;)

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

you could, but i'm not worried at all about the cops, there's many things they can do me for in regards to me car!
I'm not silly enough to play a dvd when i'm actually driving, i don't see the point would rather listen to music, but I don't need the unit to make that decision.
besides get pulled over by a cop, just turn the thing off before the cop comes to the window, if there's no screen poking out he's unlikely to ask!

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
you could, but i'm not worried at all about the cops, there's many things they can do me for in regards to me car!
I'm not silly enough to play a dvd when i'm actually driving, i don't see the point would rather listen to music, but I don't need the unit to make that decision.
besides get pulled over by a cop, just turn the thing off before the cop comes to the window, if there's no screen poking out he's unlikely to ask!

u make a very good point,
that looks pretty good in there, i must invest in one :D

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Busso wrote:
eb_guy888 wrote:
dont call me boy

call ya what i want mate ;)

go back to primary school mate