Fordmods Logo

Premium ICC and cluster upgrade 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Premium ICC and cluster upgrade
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon Xr6 Ute

NSW, Australia

I know this has been asked a million times over, so i'm sorry but please forgive me.

I currently have an 04 BA XR6 ute with a stock standard ICC. I would like to upgrade it to a premium system and have found someone selling theirs at a reasonable price. I have no experience with removing an ICC, the most experience i have would be installing the Aux cable, but that's it. The car the ICC is coming from is a BF XR ute. What needs to be done to get it installed and functioning properly with my car?

The other thing is, the seller is selling a matching colour cluster to go with the ICC for another fairly reasonable price. What is involved in installing that? How much work will Ford have to do because i would prefer keeping their assistence to a minimum and their $$/hr is ridiculous!

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks,

Matt

Post subject: Re: Premium ICC and cluster upgrade
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

First of all, the BF Dash cluster will not work on your BA unfortunately. The ICC should be fit, it isn't the dual zone one?
You will HAVE to change over the BEM and, if you follow this link, documents.php?d=94 it will help with the removal and fitting of the ICC unit.

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks Smurf,

I have read elsewhere that the BA cluster won't work on a BF, but a BF one will work on a BA :?. Whats the truth behind that?

Yeah the iCC's are both single zones so hopefully there is no trouble there. Do i swap the BEM from my car? Thanks for that link too, it was very helpful :).

Cheers,
Matt

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

04XR6Ute wrote:
Thanks Smurf,

I have read elsewhere that the BA cluster won't work on a BF, but a BF one will work on a BA :?. Whats the truth behind that?

AFAIK they don't interchange. As a matter of fact, Macarthur Auto Parts, a sponsor of this site says that they don't either. I did work for a Ford dealer for a long time and was told that they have subtle differences that make them not compatible.

04XR6Ute wrote:
Yeah the iCC's are both single zones so hopefully there is no trouble there. Do i swap the BEM from my car? Thanks for that link too, it was very helpful :).
Cheers,
Matt

Yes, swap over the BEM as the other BEM won't work with your car. It would require going to a Ford dealer to have it programmed to your car.

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

BF Clusters will work in a BA as long as they are programmed to suit. BA Clusters do not work in BF's due to the BA cluster not supporting the later version of ABS module.

Matt

2004 Harvest Green XR6
Orsm Ford Cruisers
ORSM Ford Cruiser's Web Site

Contact me for Cluster Programming & Window switch colour change for BA/BF Falcons & Territory.

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thats funny. Just got in contact with my local Ford dealer and he said that the cluster cannot be recalibrated. :evil:

"Unfortunately the instrument cluster, as far as I am aware, will not facilitate recalibration. Once a reading is “burnt” into the unit it cannot be altered."

I guess there is no right answer, it all depends on how much time (and money) you can spend on it :lol:

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

aumatt wrote:
BF Clusters will work in a BA as long as they are programmed to suit. BA Clusters do not work in BF's due to the BA cluster not supporting the later version of ABS module.

Matt

Aumatt,
What is involved to reprogram the cluster?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Im more inclined to believe AU Matt. He knows those clusters the best on this forum.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Odometer can not be changed once the cluster has reached 100km or 3 changes(whichever comes first). The microprocessor in the cluster locks the odometer from being changed through the WDS/IDS. But the cluster can still be programmed to suit your car, ie. Petrol Type, Vehicle Type, DSC, Traction etc.

But in saying that eeprom of the cluster can be altered to show the correct odometer reading, plus a whole host of other changes, like speedo change, tacho change etc.

PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Matt

2004 Harvest Green XR6
Orsm Ford Cruisers
ORSM Ford Cruiser's Web Site

Contact me for Cluster Programming & Window switch colour change for BA/BF Falcons & Territory.

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Ok that clears up a lot of things for me, thanks Matt

So with the ICC, i have to swap the BEM from my car, then do I still have to take it to Ford or reprogramming?

Thanks,
Matt

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]