Fordmods Logo

Recommended Speakers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Recommended Speakers
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Hey Im just wondering what speakers would be recommended for my NF to attach to a ford amp

ive been told the amp is capable of 50W RMS each speaker and 120W RMS for the sub

ive never used or could find any info on phillips speakers but i know there light bulbs for the house suck

ive heard Boston make some nice stuff and this particular sub is apparently very good from what ive heard

http://www.ryda.com.au/Philips-CSP610-6-5-Car-Speakers-p/csp610.htm

http://www.ryda.com.au/Boston-G1-8-Car-Subwoofer-Dual-Voice-p/g10844.htm

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: Recommended Speakers
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

im also not to sure about wither to go with the boston dual voice or single voice sub as the ford amp puts out 6ohm for the sub but the bustom is a much higher powered sub so i would think single voice maybe

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

Honestly in the long run you're better off replacing the factory amp and doing a decent setup, however for the moment you can just replace the speakers and then later on down the track replace the amp.

As for speaker and sub choices, its really a matter of how much you want to spend.

My EL Gli.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

well i dont think the amp aging could of killed its ability to produce good sound i dont want a really high wattage system just enough to sound good but not annoy people when i drive by or anything u know

im more into quality sound than high powered sound

has anyone heard anything about JL audio ?

i was looking into a setup that more suits the factory amp

JL Audio TR600CXI
&
JL Audio 8W1V24

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

as basstrom_dave mentioned above, it all comes down to your budget.
im the audio guy at the autobarn store i work at, and i tell every customer that it all comes down to budget and personal preference. everyones ears pick up different frequencies.
BUT, budget asside, i've found that the infinity car stereo range is probably one of the best for quality and price.
i have their coaxial speakers in the parcel shelf, components in the front and 12 inch sub.
i have thrashed mates in dB competitions with nothing more than the infinity speakers, a mono block amp and 12 inch sub.
plus their at awesome prices, 6 inch speakers starting at $150, components at $200 and the sub i have at $180, and thats just their reference series.
they also have their 'kappa' series which is their high-end competition series of audio, and again, they reach higher frequencies and put out heaps more.

also might i mention that my speakers aren't even being run off an amp, only the headunit for the time being.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ive prob only got a budget of 350-400 for the rear parcel shelf speakers and sub then probs just like 60 for new front speakers

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

You seem like a bit of a d**k Fordsrule174.
You were sprouting on about spending on the wrong areas and how to set up a decent stereo in the other thread, yet you want to spend $60 on fronts and $400 for rears and sub?
Where the f**k do you sit when you drive?
In the back?
:roll:

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

the front speakers arnt high wattage

im only using stock premium head unit as they look better imo

i can spend hundreds on the front but i doubt any audio would come out of them then
i have been thinking of working out a way to amp the front up to say 50W each(this is a task for later)

and u cant run very deep speakers at the front without spacers etc (wanna keep it a stock look)

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Spend 300 on fronts, 100 on sealing and deadening the doors, and 60 on rears. Run amp wires 2 front speakers instead of rears. Get it tuned and enjoy.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Spend 300 on fronts, 100 on sealing and deadening the doors, and 60 on rears. Run amp wires 2 front speakers instead of rears. Get it tuned and enjoy.

10 points to you.

And yes you can run pretty much any 6 or 6.5" speaker in the fronts, theres not many at all that are too deep.
If you've heard a half decent stereo you'll quickly realise rears are basically a non-event.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i am actually looking at amping the front with PIONEER GM-3400T

with some PIONEER TS-D1602R

but i am worried about mounting depth im not to sure whats to deep if they would fit

and im also wondering as to were to place the amp under a front seat or in the boot with the other amp

looking at every option here i want to get the sound right the first time round even if i buy those speakers for the moment whilst i save up for the amp and wiring etc

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]