Replacement OEM cd interface for BA falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Replacement OEM cd interface for BA falcon
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:23 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA 2003 Wagon

VIC, Australia

hi gang

looking at some stereo options for the ba falcon. spent the last 2 months looking at various options, plugins, replacement head unit, asl's upgrades, aux connectors, and seperate head unit installs

i would look at seperate head unit install as a last resort
even found a 6 disc stacker for $250 which is half reasonable i spose
for simplicity it would be a direct fit but a fair few "unrealiable posts" and i still have to burn the cds in CDA format each time = a**

now i did some more looking around and found some random "made in china" cd interface controllers, which got me thinking

http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_12391_Digita ... -5000C.htm

now i know the BA ICC and it has all the security and blah blah but it is interesting
this box functions as a fake "cd changer" to the OEM head unit and bridges out to a SD card slot or memory card. very cool idea and cheap too.

all of the vehicle specific charts are either US or EURO and the BA or falcon gets no mention of course.

on the back of the ICC the CD player is connected via single plug, not sure what sort it is or how many pins or even what interface

anyone know what sort of interface connector the BA falcon CD player (single or 6 disc) is - The actual pin out or pin types?

Post subject: Re: Replacement OEM cd interface for BA falcon
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

i think may be a bit confused. is the black cable on the back of the ICC cd player bit the aerial plug?

i thought that was the CD player interface plug

if this is the aerial, how does the CD player bit connect to the main ICC ?

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ok i found the plug in question, the plug im interested in is the big green one on top of the CD playe unit itself. i cant get a good pic of the connector from the pics on ebay / google etc

anyone know how many pins the green connector on the top left of the CD player has ?

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

sounds like this is way too complicated for any reasonable outcome

ive spoken to my local jb hifi who have quoted

$80 headunit install
$120 headunit
$40 din pocket holder

they are getting back to me about the steering controller integration so a headunit cost install is half reasonable even with the ICC still there. i was expecting a $500 install cos of the ICC so thats why i was looking at OEM options to reuse existing ICC stereo. this install simply intercepts the speaker wires to the ICC and sends them to the new pioneer headunit that has a USB socket on the front. ill get one of those micro 8GB usb sticks that are tiny, so that it doesnt poke too far out of the headunit

more to come when i find out price for the steering wheel integration

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

I have a MK1 BA,with black and white screen. I fitted the hands free/ipod unit to it, therefore circumventing any issues. I have a 160gig ipod, so never a lack of music, and all very tidy, with nothing sticking out. I intend to get the high-end colour screen, so that I can have control over the sound from the sub and tweeters. By the way the wiring is already there.

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ok got an update on the steering wheel interfacebox and jb hifi quoted $320 to supply and install the steering wheel interface so i wont be doing that. its booked in for a head unit install next week and then illl look at the steereing wheel interface seperately if i still want to to do it

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

paulr33 wrote:
ok got an update on the steering wheel interfacebox and jb hifi quoted $320 to supply and install the steering wheel interface so i wont be doing that. its booked in for a head unit install next week and then illl look at the steereing wheel interface seperately if i still want to to do it

Hi thats a lot $320 I was quoted on a clarion head unit fitted and with the steering controls as well all working the ICC radio part disabled as well from Autobarn Browns Plains $695 all up.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

yeah in the end i just had a pioneer usb head unit installed into my BA for 250 supplied and fitted with the aeropro din pocket as well.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

paulr33 wrote:
yeah in the end i just had a pioneer usb head unit installed into my BA for 250 supplied and fitted with the aeropro din pocket as well.

Hi mate, where abouts did they install it in the end, where the cig lighter was or glovebox?
Cheers. Any pics

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

yeah no problems. the headunit is installed below the standard ICC console and they just re-wire everything into the pioneer headunit. if you want the steering wheel controls to work with the head unit its another probably $500+ on top easily so dont really bother with that.

the pocket that is used in the pic to hold the head unit is the aeropro BA head unit kit for BA Auto and it includes two usb sockets as well as it holds the head unit and mates up everything thing.

this was $250 supplied and installed for the head unit, the pocket thingy and all installation

http://paulr33.com/ba-headunit/page_01.htm

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]