Reset AU premium sound? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Reset AU premium sound?
Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Ghia

NSW, Australia

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone knows how to reset the AU premium unit?

All the unit shows is "Err" on its screen... just flashing...

I bought the car, the battery was dead flat and needed replacing... and I didn't get the code for the unit with the car.

I called ford and they want to reset it, they didn't say how much it would cost...

I'd rather not drive all the way over to ford to get it reset and pay them money to do it if someone on here already knows how to reset it...

Cheers
-Jake

Post subject: Re: Reset AU premium sound?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fairlane AU

SA, Australia

G'day Jake.
I had the same problem a while ago. I believe it's just a time-out until it is reset and then you have to enter in the correct code, otherwise it will come up with Err again and will stay Err for longer each time.
You should be able to ring a Ford dealership with your VIN number and they should be able to give you the right 4-digit code.

Hope that helps.

Ford AU2 Fairlane Sportsman
So Far: K&N Filter, Eagle Leads, 18" Tickford Azzurro Wheels, Xenon Headlights, SS Induction, Blue LED Interior Lights, Lowered, 2.5" Exhaust with Pacemakers, 3" Intake.
To Come: DVD Player/Screen, Brake Upgrade... Neverending really

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

cgglasson wrote:
I believe it's just a time-out until it is reset and then you have to enter in the correct code, otherwise it will come up with Err again and will stay Err for longer each time.

spot on. Each time you enter an incorrect code the time taken for the Err to disappear increases. Some of the Ford parts guys reckon people have had to leave the car on accessories overnight before the Err message would disappear. :?

Your dealer should be able to give you the code for between $5 and $20. I can't recall if Ford fixes the price or if it comes down to how generous your local parts manager is. They may want to see your rego papers to make sure the car hasn't been nicked.

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

rjmurgatroyd wrote:
cgglasson wrote:
I believe it's just a time-out until it is reset and then you have to enter in the correct code, otherwise it will come up with Err again and will stay Err for longer each time.

spot on. Each time you enter an incorrect code the time taken for the Err to disappear increases. Some of the Ford parts guys reckon people have had to leave the car on accessories overnight before the Err message would disappear. :?

Your dealer should be able to give you the code for between $5 and $20. I can't recall if Ford fixes the price or if it comes down to how generous your local parts manager is. They may want to see your rego papers to make sure the car hasn't been nicked.

Just remove the a lead off the batery for an hour and it should come up code. get ya vin and say ya so and so from some fake wreckers or something and they should give it to you over the phone.... also so it didn't come with a manual inthe glove box?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Post subject: Re: AU premium sound?
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Ghia

NSW, Australia

I forgot I made this thread :oops:

But thanks for the info, I ended up taking it to ford and they said leave it on for an hour... so as I was driving the car back, 20 mins later probably, it asked for the code... they gave me the code free and its all working... except the stacker seems to be jammed :roll:
My aunty got charged $40 for her code lol...

So while on the topic of the AU premium sound head unit, how can I pull the unit out?

I tried putting pins in the holes but it doesn't seem to click or do anything...

So I tried removing the surround, which doesn't feel like it wants to come out without breaking...

Is there a trick to it?

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AUII Ghia 75th LE, KF 1.8S 5spd

VIC, Australia

to remove the deck you can either use the proper tool which is the right way or you can also get it out using a bit of coat hanger wire but its too fidly that way. even with the keys with some of the stock headunits you have to get up under the dash and push the headunit while someone puts the keys in and pulls them to either side and pulls it out towards themselves.

cheers
Dan

THE Fairmont Ghia : 75th Anniversary LE
Current Mods - 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Built Gearbox( Mirror Polished Casing+Bellhousing,TCE 2500 custom convertor, Modified Valve Body), Detailed UnderCarriage, SQ Stereo Install = 136+rwkw
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/sikford

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

Ford usually gives the codes free provided you give the VIN number and stereo was original from the same car.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]