Fordmods Logo

Running new wires for door speakers? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Running new wires for door speakers?
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:50 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Hi guys, I want to run new wiring for my front door speakers, and was wondering how much work is needed to do this?

The ones that are in there now are very short and have about a thousand little lengths added to them.

Cheers

Wanted - boot floor and lining for sedan - cheap - Syd-Central Coast

Post subject: Re: Running new wires for door speakers?
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

SECTION25 wrote:
Hi guys, I want to run new wiring for my front door speakers, and was wondering how much work is needed to do this?

The ones that are in there now are very short and have about a thousand little lengths added to them.

Cheers

where did you want to run the wires to? back to the console? or to the boot where an amp my come in one day?

Either way, for a proper job, it may take an effort especially if you can't open the doors wide open. (I have a narrow driveway).

If you want to run a wire from the door to the head unit, then it isn't too much work. Just get new cabling, then run it from the door, through a hole in the door which goes through a rubber gromet. it will go into the cabin through the gromet and then you can run the cable anywhere you want once in the cabin. Running the cable under the carpet is easy and usually works, or you can run it in the same path as the stock, though that may be a bit more fiddly.

If you run it to the boot, its basically the same process as to the headunit, just that you need a longer cable and run it along the sides of the car under the plastic door covers that hold the carpet down.

hope that helps

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]