Fordmods Logo

Sound System Opinions Please... 

Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Sound System Opinions Please...
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

haha me too... ill post up some pics of some of my installs, u seem pretty cluey and interested in this sorta stuff... u may appreciate... :lol: :lol:

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 21 images

QLD, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
i would go kenwood... amp and sub. I would def stay away from option amp, they say they get 500 rms at 14.4 v?? find me a car that runs perfectly on 14.4 v? maybe 13... but usually 11 - 12.8.

so that means ur rms power output is reduced. look out for that because cheaper brands market there products tested at 14.4 volts.... not the same volts u would find across the battery terminals in ur car thats for sure.

u pay a bit more for better quality, that lasts longer and saves u headaches later on, TRUST ME haha.
stay away from option amps.

go this sub...

http://www.ryda.com.au/Kenwood-KFC-W301 ... cw3012.htm

go this amp...

http://www.ryda.com.au/Kenwood-KAC-M615 ... cm615d.htm

and an option go this box, but u can build ur own, heaps cheaper

http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-SPB12-12- ... /spb12.htm

u will much better off and u will be much happier with i guarantee it.

sorry for the thread steal but since your tlking about the exact subs i have what amp would you recomend to run 2 of those subs

xb falcon 500: currently being striped for full respray
ef falcon gli wagooon: currently finishing bodykit and then doors closed respray
the-garage-f53/ef-wagon-kit-pics-up-t77713.html

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

lol all good, i would say something like this

http://www.ryda.com.au/Kenwood-KAC-8105 ... c8105d.htm

would be more than enough to pump 2 of those subs, how much u wanna spend?

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:05 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
2nd, to stone, i have had personal exp. with focal AND morel. I could type u up a novel right now about why they are not as good as kenwood or alpine, but im not gonna bother, eveyone has there preference, but i agree with u in the sense that audison are far better quality than kenwood, and alpine.. to be honest morel and focal arent THE DEVIL or anything, and infact to most, the difference would be un audiable to their ears.. but there are just small features that make them inferior to brands such as alpine and kenwood. I dont want to start fights with people, im only trying to help the op, this is what forums are all about? yes?

Still don't agree with you... I've owned Morel, Focal, Kenwood, Boston, Pioneer, Dynaudio speakers and the Morel and Focal were FAR better sounding and have much better build quality than Kenwood. Put them side by side and you'll see that the hand made Morel speakers have much more attention to detail and then when you listen it's a completely different experience. It's like comparing a Ford/Holden to a BMW/Merc... They're just in a different league in quality and performance.

You're the only person in the car audio industry that I've met that believes that Kenwood are better and I've been in the industry for 10 years and car audio has been a hobby for 12 years.

You're not helping the original poster by recommending Kenwood subwoofers :roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

i still dont agree either but i've just let it go....

Oh and heres a comparison

The first pic is focal second is kenwood. (BTW this is focals basic range and kenwoods high end range)
Notice how kenwood dosn't show you their baskets on the back of the speaker?

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

stone, everyone has there preference, im not gonna debate anymore.. i used to own a bunch of focal gear and when the amp caught on fire and nearly destroyed my car, that was wen i decided they were crap... u may have had far better experiences with focal than i did, but ive won comps with alpine and kenwood, against focal before... so im only speaking from my own personal experience....

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
stone, everyone has there preference, im not gonna debate anymore.. i used to own a bunch of focal gear and when the amp caught on fire and nearly destroyed my car, that was wen i decided they were crap... u may have had far better experiences with focal than i did, but ive won comps with alpine and kenwood, against focal before... so im only speaking from my own personal experience....

You do realise Stone is a car audio guru? And you just made yourself look like a right tosser?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I got hertz speakers in my car and an Audison amp, everyone that listens to it, comments on how clear the sound is. It's not cheap but i'd defiantly recommend them.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

stone sounds like a guru, i was only explaining myself, im new to ford mods, but have been a ford fan for yrs, id hate to make enemies here and sound like a wanker, that was not my intention... i apolagize if ive upset anyone..

Found On Road Dominating 8-) 8-)

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 02 BA

NSW, Australia

hey, sorry i haven't been on here in a while, had a few things going on, work mainly, lol, anyways thanks for all the pointers, helped me out a fair bit, ended up having a chat to a few different people and listening to some different subs and decided not to go with the alpine, instead i decided on a pioneer which i got for a bargain in the after chrissy sales and i went with a pioneer amp to power it as well, wired it all up myself and it's sounding awesome, very very happy. Very clear and hits hard, i personally would recommend pioneer to pretty much anyone but in the end its up to the ears lol
anyways thanks again!

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

haha good work... as long as ur happy its al goooood.. :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

Yep :wink:

Hey LOLHSV got those install pics? i wouldn't mind some inspiration.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

yeah i only found some of my old au for now, as u can see i wasnt bothered with looks in the boot, just wanted SPL, there is a 3rd sub behind were the amp, cap and dist blocks sit, ill post some more of others soon.. check outmy pics, and this link ( for some reason these photos didnt upload on this server.. :/) http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/mandrew220989/index

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

Lolhsv. There is absolutly nothing wrong with OA amps. Speakers or subs. I've had 2 OA amps. 801x and a 502 and have mates with the 1501. Never any problems.
Also I have OA 6.5" coaxels. Damn good when amped. And I have a OA2011 street series sub (cheapy) and its still better then anything in the sub $220 range imho

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

well thats good, im glad ur happy with ur products, but ive known people who think BOSS audio is the best out there, who have never had issues with them before, even though, as most people would know, theyre not the best u can buy out there, its all up to the personal opinion of the person here, so hopefully ur oa equipment lasts u a long time and u enjoy every minute of it cuz thats what its all about :lol: :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next