Fordmods Logo

Sound System Opinions Please... 

Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: Sound System Opinions Please...
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

I thought you said don't buy amps tested at 12v, but its not what you said so ok.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
u started this s**t krisisdog, so i defend, no i dont think voltage drops as u start driving, if u find me a car that runs perfectly on 14+ volts, i will come to were u live and suck ur C**k for 2 days straight with out taking my mouth off.. and bow down to u in all ur mighty holiness.. and YOU stupid f**k, read what u wrote...

"At idle you should have 13.8v plus, up to 14.4v."

yeah theoretically you SHOULD have 13.8 - 14.4 but REALISTICALLY you dont... if u knew ur s**t u would know that..

and im not sprouting any gospel, i simply tried to help this fella out, and ppl lashed out at me.. o.O

u didnt call me out on anything, ur a keyboard warrior, a hero, praise krisisdog because YOU know so much dont you??

thats car audio 101, basics mate, that batteries DO NOT always run at optimum volts

ask anyone who actually knows anything about auto electronics.. im sure they will be more than happy to tell u :lol:

so maybe dont go starting s**t for no reason, cuz thats a dog act mate, and maybe u should sell ur ford, and buy a crummydore, ur personality suits it better.... ANGRY BOGAN :twisted:

all this cuz i said my ba speakers sounded good...whats the matter, dont like being wrong, or disrespected MIGHTY KRISISDOG....pfft loser, dont waste my time... 8-) 8-)

do you not realise when the car is running you are actually drawing power from the alternator not the battery? Realistically you have more than the 11v you suggested. Dont believe youll have 13 odd volts? Go get your multimeter, connect it to your battery terminals with the car running, then come back and tell me im talking s**t.
If you own a multimeter that is.

So its a dog act for saying that what you said is s**t is it? Im not starting s**t, its up to you how you take someone correcting your errors.
Accept the fact that you can be wrong, it wont kill you. And Ba speakers dont sound good if youve heard a half decent system, regardless of what you think.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

U didn't JUST, correct any thing, u had to add the f**k off comment at the end of ur so called "correcting" y was that necessary?? Fair enough I'm open to ppl telling me I'm wrong, when there mature about it... Open ur debate in a sensible manner and take the time to explain WHY u think I'm wrong instead of babbling s**t with no explanation and telling me to f**k off at the end when I've never even spoken to u b4, fair enough if we've clashed b4 but we havnt, u just out of no where STARTED s**t????

Obviously a pair of comp MTx, Rockford fosgate, soundstream, alpine, FOCAL, splits would sound WAAAAYYY better than stock phillips ba speakers, I was only supporting what the other bloke Said about the ba speakers sounding ok, mine are amped and sound fine, is all I was saying. U get angry over nothing!! U don't even own a ba, so how can u make a comment on how good/ s**t they sound? Or do u?

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

my wagon has a full pioneer stereo and hopefully my bf fairmont ghia will be the same :D :D :D

i am a sucker for pioneer gear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

i have a Pioneer head deck and have a whine at idle when i have s**t on (lights, rear demister, fan)

all i got from the local audio guys was "pioneer is s**t, buy this, or this"

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

lol thats what there trained to do...haha

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

mate, ive got focal mid range tweeters in the front and 6 inch speakers at the back in my car.. there more then enough to make your ears bleed. i went for a soundstream 12 inch t5 sub in a comp box which is pushing 1000rms which is powered by a soundstream LW1100 monoblock whereas the speakers are powered by a soundstream LW4500 4 channel all running of an alpine headunit and thick wiring.

all that i can tell you, focal speakers are unblievable, i have heard the top of the range tweeters and the studipidly good lol.. my soundstream amps and sub are good too, more then enough power to make the cars windows around me pulse. JL audio also have some good speakers as well as subs for a reasonable price.. w3/w7 subs are good in this brand

your best bet is to go to different audio places and ask them to turn them to turn subs..

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
i have a Pioneer head deck and have a whine at idle when i have s**t on (lights, rear demister, fan)

Are you're speakers amped?
This whine is usually around when the speakers are amped and the internal ground to the RCAs have failed for whatever reason and they pick up an interferance.
An easy fix is to get some speaker wire take enough insulation off one end to wrap tightly around the rca ground and then with the other end attach it to the headunit in one of the small screw holes they usually have.

If you're speakers are not amplified id start by simply adding a "better" thicker ground for the headunit.

Lolhsv. Love the way you have gone from all nice spelling and grammer to teenage text talk s**t.. Lol@lolhsv.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

they are all amped. it did it from day one when the RCA's were new

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

LOLHSV - wake up. Thats all.

WILDEB - earth the outer casing of the RCAs where they connect to the amp. The internal earth track fuse pops like a b**ch in Pioneers, though it is caused by an installation error. Its not uncommon for them to be replaced with a much higher rated fuse, or none at all.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

LOLHSV...just to let you know, my car runs at 13.9V and sometimes 14V at idle quite nicely. So some cars do run above 13.5V. I'd be worried if your alternator is charging the battery at anything below 13V to be honest.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So you can just re ground the rcasat the amp. Didn't even think of that

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
LOLHSV - wake up. Thats all.

WILDEB - earth the outer casing of the RCAs where they connect to the amp. The internal earth track fuse pops like a b**ch in Pioneers, though it is caused by an installation error. Its not uncommon for them to be replaced with a much higher rated fuse, or none at all.

i'm sorry. but i don't get what you mean. you mean like the round connector port on the amp?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yep. Except ground the outer part of the cable at the amp.
I had the same issue with an older deck, so did a mate with a much newer model.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

WILDEB wrote:

LOL, the guys at that audio shop really are dumb asses aye. Stock ford stereo systems use Pioneer!!!!

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5