speaker boxes... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: speaker boxes...
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

well i've never made a box for any speaker other than a sub before, however i've decided that with the random bits and pieces of car audio gear im going to make a sound system for my room

what i have is (dont laugh that some is sony and boss audio, i feel pround i sourced it off mates and never bought it for the car :D ): 350w pioneer 6x9's, a sony headunit sourced for $50 off a mate, a boss monoblock amp sourced for $30 off a mate, 2 jaycar 6.5in woofers, 6 jaycar tweeters with built in crossover that i got for like 4 bucks each and my old stinger Hyper RCA's plus a s**t of wiring

So what im thinking is i'l get some 10 or 12in sub on the cheap to go with the poo-sum amp, get a crossover for the 6.5in woofer's and run them with the tweeters off two channels of the headunit, and the 6x9's off the other 2 channels...just need a rectifier thing to run it off 240v ac

so back to the question, what size box should i put the 6x9's in, and should i port it?

cheers nick

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Last edited by skidder on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: speaker boxes...
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
well i've never made a box for and speaker other than a sub before, however i've decided that with the random bits and pieces of car audio gear im going to make a sound system for my room

what i have is (dont laugh that some is sony and boss audio, i feel pround i sourced it off mates and never bought it for the car :D ): 350w pioneer 6x9's, a sony headunit sourced for $50 off a mate, a boss monoblock amp sourced for $30 off a mate, 2 jaycar 6.5in woofers, 6 jaycar tweeters with built in crossover that i got for like 4 bucks each and my old stinger Hyper RCA's plus a s**t of wiring

So what im thinking is i'l get some 10 or 12in sub on the cheap to go with the poo-sum amp (which hopefully will provide nice heat during winter), get a crossover for the 6.5in woofer's and run them with the tweeters off two channels of the headunit, and the 6x9's off the other 2 channels...just need a rectifier thing to run it off 240v ac

so back to the question, what size box should i put the 6x9's in, and should i port it?

cheers nick

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

my bad pressed quote instead of edit

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: el xr8

NSW, Australia

it might just be easier to buy a box

i smell bad even when fm members drive past lol.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

that defeats the purpose of making one lol....actually ive been lookin all over the net and i found a real good document on it about half an hour ago, im in the process of making an excel spreadsheet so in the future i can just type in Q, Vas, fo values and size of driver and get a box volume and port sizes

only problem being pioneer dont give out those values :roll:

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]