Fordmods Logo

Splits in rear shelf EL XR8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Splits in rear shelf EL XR8
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

Hey guys just got some front splits and a new 4 channel amp. I'm now looking at getting the same splits and putting them in the rear shelf. Just wondering if it would be cool to mount the tweeters underneath the grills in the parcel shelf that are to the sides of the speakers.

I'm guessing that these are for the factory premium system in ghias etc if they came with splits, is that right? If so it should be all good to put them there shouldn't it?

Cheers.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:26 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

I would just stick with a nice set of 6" 2 ways for rear fill. Dont want to draw the soundstage rearwards. As an offshoot it will also be cheaper and eaiser to install.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I've been looking through the CAA forums and a lot of people say that they don't even run rear speakers. I have just bought some Soundstream TRC6 splits rated at 150wRMS and a 4channel Soundstream Michelangelo Amp with 85wRMS per channel. The reason that I was interested in getting splits in the rear was to match up with the front. I was gonna put the same splits in the rear as well so that when it is turned up the rear sounds just as good as the front. Soundstream do a 2-way coaxial set that is rated at 120wRMS but the reccommended retail on those are about $600 cheaper than the splits so I am a bit worried about their quality.

Can you reccommend any speakers for the rear up to about $800?

I also read in another thread that you said that you have had your power wiring for your amps run through the grommet for the main engine loom in the firewall. I need to put through some 4 gauge cable for the new amp. Is that the grommet that is to the left and below the brake booster right near where the bonnet cable goes through?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to get it right the first time and this is about the only source of information that I can get to easily without salesmen trying to get me to buy their product.

Thanks heaps.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:42 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Not sure on exactly which groumet it is certainly right up int hat area, but the car is awayt getting some work done at present so i cant check just now.

$200 for any set of rear fill is fine, it really makes little difference. I have rear fill in my car for back seat passangers butt hey are switched off for competition judging.

There are plenty of brands thay would be fine for rear fill just get one that fits with the rest of your system. If i had to say i'd get something with a softdome tweeter and i'd get 6.5" 2 ways, not 3, 4, or 5 ways..

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

$800 for rears is excessive i would get et of 2 r 3 ways.

i currently use super cheap speakers in rear not even screwed down.
get what ever is cheap i wouln't even runit off an amp (i use my 4 h/u channals for rear and a set of RF punch tweeters)

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Thanks guys I will have to do a bit of research into it and decide later which speakers will go in the rear. I've actually got some old alpine 2-ways in there at the moment, they might even sound good enough to leave there. I will see what it sounds like after I finish installing the new amp and splits.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]