Fordmods Logo

squealing speakers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: squealing speakers
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hey everyone, about 3months ago i put a invoteck CD, DVD player in my au falcon with an LCD screen. Everything worked fine with no problems, about 2 weeks after that i got a 2inch exhaust system with extractors put on. After putting the exhaust on i started to get a squealing pitch noise only from my rear speakers, it seems to change with the revs of the car, the higher the rev, the louder the squeal is.

I thought the rear speakers might have blown, they were factory 5x7's so i replaced them with clarion 6inch and after putting those in the speakers still squealed so i ended up disconnecting the rear speakers all together and left it for a month. Then i plugged them back in and found depending if i go around a corner or hit a bump the right way it would stop until i turned again or hit another bump then the squealing was back.

On the weekend i replaced the speaker wire to the rear speakers hoping that this would solve the issue but sadly it hasn't. We replaced the earth wire but that also hasn't helped. The front speakers are working perfect and the subs have no issue. The subs are two 12inch clarions running off a 750watt alpine amp and the front speakers are stock standard - everything has been fitted by a mate who's a qualified installer of car audio systems - he is suggesting I should run another amp for the speakers but I am hoping that I won't have to do that.

any suggestions or tips would be appreciated thanks

Last edited by cougar_rulz on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I have been looking around and i can get a JVC headunit that plays DVDS etc for $230 does anyone know if thats a decent price

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: AUIII XR6 HP

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Try insulating the speakers from the parcel shelf. I fitted 6x9s to my xr6 with 16mm mdf spacers so I didnt have to cut the shelf. The screws holding the spacers in are from underneath and the speaker screws from the top. There's no metal to metal contact. I didnt have your problem but it might solve it. Maybe try the speakers when not screwed in the parcel tray first?

PACEMAKER 4480, SS H/F CAT, 2.5" REDBACK, INTAKE PIPING, K&N PANEL, PIONEER TV

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thanks for the suggestion i will pull the speakers out first thing tomorrow morning and see if they do it while not screwed in

cheers
dycer

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]