Stacker mounted and its jumping 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Stacker mounted and its jumping
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

haven't been on here in a while, dont really have a ford anymore....replaced it with a 2000 lancer coupe. Anyways the outside is stock as but i am doing the boot install. I know its a lancer but i used to roam these forums heaps so i know you guys will help.....please. i have gone the Alpine

5831 hu
type r spilts up front
type r coax in the rear
545 4 channel amp running the speakers
type r 4222 12" subs x 2
and the 1005 mono amp
Deap cycle battery with the stinger 0 guage wiring.

The radio is bigger then the car really....but i am having problems with the mounting of the stacker. I used to have it mounted straight under the parcel shelf horizontally and had no problems with jumping...the car would go flat out over train tracks and nothing would happen. now because of the slot ported box taking up half the boot i had to take the spare wheel out and mounted the stacker on a suspended piece of mdf over the spare wheel well where is sits vertically deep into the well. I moved the angle adjusted on the stacker to verticle but i have a lot of problems with the sensitvity of it. Even if i go over the line in the road where a new piece of ashfelt meets the old it jumps.

Any ideas would be great.

PS i know its a lancer but i know you guys are always willing to help.

Cheers,

Dmac

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ill be the first to say why a lancer??? little s**t box

anyway with yas stacker ive found they always jump when vertical, my kenwood one did even with the vertical mounting locking clip place it has on the side. relocate it mate and put your spare tyre back in.

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

cheers mate...think i might have to do that then. But the spare cant go back in cos i cant get it out with the box in there as well. Everything is pretty much fixed.

Thanks mate

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I dont know if the Alpine is the same, but my Clarion stacker did the same when vertical. I changed the angle selector to 45 degree however and it seemed to work alot better in the vertical position. dont know if it helps but seemed to do the trick on the clarion.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

its simple... you have 2 subs that go doof doof and u have the stacker, all in the boot... of corse its gonna skip. u have to place the stacker somewhere other than the boot if you want to have subs going hard in the boot!

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
its simple... you have 2 subs that go doof doof and u have the stacker, all in the boot... of corse its gonna skip. u have to place the stacker somewhere other than the boot if you want to have subs going hard in the boot!

Sorry mate bu thats wrong. i had my stacker right next to my sub box, for 2 tyears never had a problem. problem is its mounted vertical, even though it says it can do it, they all do, but they cant, they all skip.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]