Fordmods Logo

sub doesnt work with cd's? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: sub doesnt work with cd's?
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ford falcon ef futura

SA, Australia

hey guys my mates got a mazda 323 and hes got a jvc headunit it his car, he hooked up a sub and amp but only realised that the sub doesnt work when hes playing a CD but on radio it works?
and ideas guys?

cheers anthony

Post subject: Re: sub doesnt work with cd's?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

JVC headunit is prob f**k up they arnt a good brand

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Lol. Sounds like he has the electric aerial trigger connected to the amp instead of the amp trigger. One has power with the radio tuner going, the other has power whenever the unit is on.

Swap them over.

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Lol. Sounds like he has the electric aerial trigger connected to the amp instead of the amp trigger. One has power with the radio tuner going, the other has power whenever the unit is on.

Swap them over.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

they labeled my old kenwood stereo wrong and i pluged the electric ariel in for the trigger wire, soon realised that they mucked the labels around on the cable wen my arial stayed up wen cd was on and swapped it

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have done the same thing, had mine to the aerial instead.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
JVC headunit is prob f**k up they arnt a good brand

Another s**t, completely misinformed post from you.
What a surprise!!! :o

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

krissdog wtf is up your a** ?

ur the only one with some sort of set against me

and m8 ive studied electronic circuitry and i can easily spot bad electronics all i gotta do is pull it to bits and i can easily tell without much study and no im not talking school electronics that was a joke i knew all that s**t when i was 9

and ive pulled apart many brands & JVC are bad (no quality build but have quality control a low budget brand but easy to break like a no name brand Chinese product although u can get good no name brands if u know what ur looking for)

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

The more you know about electronics fordsrule174, the more you realise how much you don't know..

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:

and m8 ive studied electronic circuitry and i can easily spot bad electronics all i gotta do is pull it to bits and i can easily tell without much study and no im not talking school electronics that was a joke i knew all that s**t when i was 9

and ive pulled apart many brands & JVC are bad (no quality build but have quality control a low budget brand but easy to break like a no name brand Chinese product although u can get good no name brands if u know what ur looking for)

I have something against people who simply talk s**t, and think they are an expert on the subject.
You, my friend, are not an expert in anything, let alone car audio.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

ive only owned jvc headunits never had a drama and they keep gettin passed down

so now 1 of my mates has my fist 1 i got 9 years ago in his ute

sounds like s**t talk to me

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

I have something against people who simply talk s**t, and think they are an expert on the subject.

haha... you guys crack me up... looks like I don't need to add my 2 cents worth in this thread... krisisdog has pretty well shot that down... Obviously the ant output didn't even cross his mind first...

Whichever bull-s**t detector you've got installed on your PC krisisdog its working like a fat kid on a cup cake... Your all over it... :lol:

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

krisisdog wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

m8 i am extremely well known in town for my extraordinary electronics and computers ive done things people never even dreamed of in Grafton and very few others have ever achieved in the whole world i make a living off my electronic expertise and although people have doubted me due to my age i eventually over time they realize my advice was correct and they never doubt me again and never regret it and honestly u cant be to bright ya self as ur fordmods gallery shows u burning up rubber in ur car looks like in someones driveway

ringastinga wrote:

a head unit is pretty hard to f**k up lets be honest ive seen cheap Chinese s**t last decades

but get something actually hard to achieve from JVC like say a TV and ull be in for a s**t ride and ur local electronic repair fella will agree i know shane at repairs and spares agrees and he spends his whole f**k life repairing tv's and s**t he showed me how to wire up a old xbox and chip it without a actual chip he is a cleva fella but still we preferred chips for them so we can boot stuff off the HDD when u modify the boot sectors,Bios and have some emulators and linux it up a bit...later figured out how to do a 360 my self i also am the only person to have a 100% success rate with RROD on the xbox 360 with a long term repair lasting yrs instead of months or in some cases days

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:47 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

This thread has lost its way.

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

m8 i am extremely well known in town for my extraordinary electronics and computers ive done things people never even dreamed of in Grafton and very few others have ever achieved in the whole world i make a living off my electronic expertise and although people have doubted me due to my age i eventually over time they realize my advice was correct and they never doubt me again and never regret it and honestly u cant be to bright ya self as ur fordmods gallery shows u burning up rubber in ur car looks like in someones driveway

ringastinga wrote:

a head unit is pretty hard to f**k up lets be honest ive seen cheap Chinese s**t last decades

but get something actually hard to achieve from JVC like say a TV and ull be in for a s**t ride and ur local electronic repair fella will agree i know shane at repairs and spares agrees and he spends his whole f**k life repairing tv's and s**t he showed me how to wire up a old xbox and chip it without a actual chip he is a cleva fella but still we preferred chips for them so we can boot stuff off the HDD when u modify the boot sectors,Bios and have some emulators and linux it up a bit...later figured out how to do a 360 my self i also am the only person to have a 100% success rate with RROD on the xbox 360 with a long term repair lasting yrs instead of months or in some cases days

mate what do you expect when you reply "its JVC it must be f**k". That doesn't help anyone...

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next