Fordmods Logo

Sub Sugestions 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

When you get it installed professionally after being sold JL gear (because it was my mate's gear I didn't want to install it) you'd expect it to run correctly and that any problems would be rectified because of JL or by the installers.

Now...the installers did it all correctly, they're a very reliable bunch of guys (known for doing show cars). But JL still refuse to take back a sub whose voice-coil cooked itself and then because it was shorted out, managed to cook the amp with it.

JL would replace neither of the sub or amp.

Now don't get me wrong, this is the first time i've had a problem with JL, but because of this poor customer service, it will probably be the last.
When they're running tho, damn do they sound good.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Well at $,2199 RRP even one with a freid voice coil should still be worth over $1,000.

Did you have to get it re-conned?

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Could get in contact with JL themselves and not just the dealer. Im sure they would like to know that a dealer is making JL look bad in the after sales side of things.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

The sub was a writeoff...it was that bad.
The coils were charred and the cone pretty much melted.

JL themselves wouldn't take it back. I'm good mates with the distributers in WA they're called GBI sales and I know the general manager. Believe me, we did everything we could but to no avail. My mate had no more cash so he had to just go for a directed audio dual voil coil sub. Still a great sub, amp is in for repairs now.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

joolz wrote:
Nothing wrong with JL subs and i notice the the 250/1 is the smallest mono block available with no clip/peak monitors so how do u really know it wasnt being ran too hard!!!
its always better to have a larger amp running cold than a smaller amp running its a** off as it will cook even the best driver in the world!!!

Interesting. There are exceptions, albeit, very rare exceptions. Don't laugh at me, but my 60W Kicker Amp and 8" Kicker sub sound very good. And I've never had the bass as far as it will go, and I like my bass.
But in saying that, I have given the thing plenty of use and played some stuff at quite high volumes, and after 4 1/2 years it still hasn't missed a beat. Sounds great. And I do like my SQ, been spoilt over the years. I've owned in the home, Mirage 760 Towers with dual 8" hand stitched cones and surrounds at 29 Kg's each, Onkyo and Denon amps, Yamaha CD5050 cd player and I watch my movies on a $2500 Marantz DV18 which currently sends it's information through Mission towers. And I enjoy the quality of the Kicker sub in the car so thats saying something.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

kit, there's spoilt, and then there's you.....

Banned

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

8-) But after saying all that, I'm just about to update to twin Alpine 8" or 10". They are very impressive.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

If you wanna put something in teh factory mount then the digital designs 1008 would prob be the pick of the crop imo. Only $220 and quite impressive specs. Heres some more info.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woof ... eries=1000

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2