Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: subwoofer set up
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Isuzu MU-X ,2018 Kia Cerato

QLD, Australia

I want to put a 10" sub in my boot.
Any way what would be the best way to mount it fowards or backwards in a enclosure or just a box? i wanna get more punch i hate droning bass. any sugestions how to mount it and get good punch out of it and still have boot room left??

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

ive just got a box setup still plenty of room in the boot, and if i need space i just unplug it and move it to the back seats, but i rarely ever need the boot

Team EGO

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

if you're going for just a single 10", the box doesnt need to be that big, i've got a single 10" pioneer in a 25L sealed box in the back of my XF, doesnt sound too bad IMO
what sub were you looking at?

Banned

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:53 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Lincoln Navigator

Oustide Australia

Some places sell small enclosures for 10in subs. They aren't even 1 cubic foot (28.3L) Some are TINY! and you could get a pretty big 10" sub to fit in that box though. They have an angled back, so they would go really well up against the back of the seat, firing towards the back of the car, and they wouldn't take up much space.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

havent decided on what sub i want yet probly something like a type R alpine or equivelant. any rocomendations i got a Alpine MRV-T407 V12 amp to power it i think its 400W.

Interceptor: is there any other places in Emerald other then Mikeder electrical that sell car audio?

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

the amp is rated at 200wrms when bridged into a 4 ohm load at 14.4 volts..... so i'd be looking for something like a JL 10W3v2D2 ($429 from dorans) or a kicker S10L5 ($389 from dorans)

www.doranproaudio.com.au

as i said in an earlier PM, try www.caraudioaustralia.com , they'll be able to help you

Banned

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

My JL was $360 in a box!! but was ex display stock (un marked) works very well.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

My JL was $360 in a box!! but was ex display stock (un marked) works very well.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:17 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Most 10"sunbs will work well in a small enclosure approx .6 - .8c/f sealed 1 - 1.2c/f ported.

One good quality 10" sub in a car will provide sufficient bottom end to strengthen your front stage but will not have heaps of bass throughout the car which is just something to bear in mind. I know a lot of people who have gone with a single 10 then upgraded later to another one or to a larger sub.

There are a number of good 10" subs ont he market, Boston Accoustics make some of the best that i have heard, JL are also good and DD are great if your after SPL but are pretty pricy.

I just happen to have 3 x Earthquake 10's and can make a custom box to suit which will sit up behind the seats and accomodate all 3 if you like. Rated at 240rms ea, but you can obviously run them with a less and $300 for all 3) or $130 each.

I am happy to demo as i have one in a 1c/f box at the moment. 1 of the others is used in excellent condition and the third is brand new never run in....

Even if your not interested in mine i am happy to demo it in your car to give you an idea as to what to expect from a good 10" then you can look around at what make /brand you might want.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:06 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Single 12 is ok especially if yuo go with a sealed enclosure.

2 or more 10's is fine but you would be better with a monoblock as the impedence of 1.3ohm would be ideal for a monoblock (which i why i was going that wat)

Dont let freight be a problem , i'm sure i could get them to you if you wanted 'em.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

pyroay wrote:
Most 10"sunbs will work well in a small enclosure approx .6 - .8c/f sealed 1 - 1.2c/f ported.

One good quality 10" sub in a car will provide sufficient bottom end to strengthen your front stage but will not have heaps of bass throughout the car which is just something to bear in mind. I know a lot of people who have gone with a single 10 then upgraded later to another one or to a larger sub.

There are a number of good 10" subs ont he market, Boston Accoustics make some of the best that i have heard, JL are also good and DD are great if your after SPL but are pretty pricy.

I just happen to have 3 x Earthquake 10's and can make a custom box to suit which will sit up behind the seats and accomodate all 3 if you like. Rated at 240rms ea, but you can obviously run them with a less and $300 for all 3) or $130 each.

I am happy to demo as i have one in a 1c/f box at the moment. 1 of the others is used in excellent condition and the third is brand new never run in....

Even if your not interested in mine i am happy to demo it in your car to give you an idea as to what to expect from a good 10" then you can look around at what make /brand you might want.

thanks for the offer but i'm 2 states and atleast 3000kms away from where u are so it kinda makes it hard. it sucks living out here away from sivilization and about 250km from any decent car audio shops.

i borrowed a 10" sub and box yesturday for a trial to see how it would go. and your right a single 10 just isnt enough in a falcon. i would need 2 X 10" subs at least, but doing that i also would need a bigger amp. or maybe just a single 12 in a sealed box, but i dont know if it would start to loose punch.

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

what 10" did you try?

Banned

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Just get a decent 12' sub, sach as an Alpine Type S, R or X mabe if you can afford one :) will provide adequate bass. I have a single 12' Type S sub being runoff of a small 2 channel amp which is only 180-200wrms and bass is heard and felt right thru the car! :) Would be better if amp was about 300-400wrms but you get that! :roll:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

the sub i tryed was a 10" sony explode 600W in a fully enclosed mdf box i mabe it bout 5 year ago. and now its in my girlfriends car. in a small or medium car the sub when turned facing the boot sounds exelent very deep bass as well as very crisp punchy bass just not enough for a falcon.

befor you say sony is crap. i got the sub about 5 years ago or so and its recieved a workout all along and havent been able to destroy it. it even doen its time in the lounge room as a home theater woofer. i made my own box from 16mm MDF and sealed it all up that well that you couldnt even push the sub in with your finger. the older explode 600w subs where much better then the newer 800w ones. best $99 i ever spent on a sub.

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]