Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Hi,

I have the following equipment in my car

Pioneer DEH4410 45Wx4 head unit driving both front and rear speakers

Pioneer 4way 6" front speakers, mounted in standard location -240W power
Pioneer 2 way 6/9's on the rear shelf in those angled plastic speaker holders.
Sansui 2x75W amp bridged into a 4ohm Clarion Sub in a 1Cf sealed box.

Now basically this whole system has cost me about $300 since the head unit was in the car and I already had the rear speakers, the amp and box was free from a mate, I installed the wiring myself. And I bought the sub and front speakers on special.

Now. I've been trying to get a good sound and have been playing with the crossovers on my system. What should I run in terms of HPF LPF in the front and rear?

At the moment I have the front on full range, the amp on full range but a 250Hz LP filter on the rear (which includes the amp) There is no seperate sub output on the headunit. The amp has a 50Hz or 80Hz crossover but when I use it it sounds A LOT quiter than when I put it to full range with the 250Hz filter. - even when playing heavy dance music. Should I cut out the low frequencies on the 6/9's ??? other idea's?

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

until you get anther amp for the speakers run the sub at 80hz. The speakers aren't gonna change the frequencies they run at if there running off a head unit thats doesn't have crossovers built into it.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The head unit has this FIE function where you can select 100 - 150 - 250 Hz And when I use it all the treble dissapears from the rear speakers (and sub output which is the rear speaker output). So it does have that. Also when I hold the audio button down there are other options that I think are high pass and low pass filters although my stereo didn't come with a manual.

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

ooooo...what i am understanding is that when you put you hu crossovers what you set your sub to is also coming through on your rear speakers. Interesting and i got no idea now.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It's pretty simple.

The head unit has 4 speaker outputs. 2 front 2 rear. There are sperate crossovers for the front and rear selectable in software on the Head unit.
There are 2 sets of RCA outputs, one front and one rear.

The crossovers do the same thing to the speaker outputs as they do to the RCA outputs.

Anyway after tinkering I think I will just run it with all speakers on full range and the sub on 80Hz amp crossover since this makes the sound come from 'everywhere' instead of feeling that there is a 'treble hole' in the rear.

Might also get a new HU with a sperate sub RCA so I can control it seperately.

Manual EL Gli.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]