Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: time for some new gear...
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

hey guys,

just wondering if i can get any opinions on a new sub and new amps :D . At the moment i have hertz HSK165 splits up the front which I'm pretty happy with, so I was thinking maybe going a hertz HX300D sub which is 12in and would fit in my current box (which would be sweet as it took me ages to build). I was also looking at focal subs (although they come in 11in and 13in, or 9in for the really sweet ones). Other than that i was recommended earthquake subs, but my mate has tremor xr's and they make some funny sounds when its cranked up (although thats probably just his being over used)

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hx300d.pdf

On the amp side of things i'm looking for a 4ch to power speakers and probably an amp for the sub. with the 4ch I would only need a 4x75wrms, and for the sub amp something around 500wrms either at 2 or 4ohms (dual 4ohm voice coil sub). I don't actually have a budget, but I want to try and not spend that much...although i will go 300-400 for 4ch and 400-500 for the sub amp...I've used alpine amps before which i found to be pretty good, and a boschmann amp which was alright until it died.

just wondering if anyone has had experience with hertz subs or have any recommendations with amps

cheers nick

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Well I just bought two Alpine amps. A MRV-F345 ( 4 x 75 rms) and an MRD-M1005. I was looking at the 605 (around your budget) but have two 12's which would've been pushing the 605. The 345 is running a set of 6.5" Quart splits in the front and Alpine 5x7" in the back.

I am rapt with the Alpine gear. It really hammers and is very good value for money IMO.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah one of my mates has an MRD-M605 and it seems to go pretty sweet....although i think maybe I will have to spend a bit more as I would rather run the amp at 4ohms

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i saw JBL gto amps today that were pretty well priced, but then when i checked their website they have S/N ratio of 76db or 72dB or something, but when i read the new CEA regulations it said something about how where you would expect 90dB S/N there could now be 60dB or something like that due to how it is measured...can someone please explain?

http://www.jbl.com/car/product_support/ ... EA2006.pdf

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

has anyone used hertz subs? or have any other recommendations for subs? looking for a 12in around 500wrms and looking to spend $300-400

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i have in my posession:
Hertz HSK165 (front, although could be getting replaced soon with morel elate 9's)
DLS PS6A splits (rear)
Hertz HV200 & bandpass crossover im making (rear)
JBL GTO600.1 (sub amp)

Now i just need a 4ch amp (beenn looking at alpine) and a new sub (most likely hertz hx300d). Haven't decided how im going to run the 8in speaker yet, most likely off a 2ch which I will have to get.

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]