Fordmods Logo

upgrade from 93 premium sound 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: upgrade from 93 premium sound
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: NC V8

QLD, Australia

hey guys some of my speakers are f**k and i was wondering if say around $1000 would get a heaps sweeter sound system than the premium?

i have a good head unit atmo and is the factory amp worth replacing? i d ont know too much about this side of things- how much would i be looking at for a decent setup?

any help wouild be appreciated

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

$1k on a stereo minus the HU? if you couldnt get smething sounding pretty f**k good (and a s**t better than the original stuff), something would be seriously wrong.......

what HU do you have atm?

Banned

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

i got an amp a 12 inch sub with box and 6x9s with a made up back shelf and a head unit for around 1200 all up, JBL sub, pioneer 6x9s MTX 200 watt 2 way amp and alpine mp3 player its cranks :)

Team EGO

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:57 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: NC V8

QLD, Australia

umm some panasonic something or other... id have to go check the model- but its sounding promising, thanks

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: eb ghia

VIC, Australia

i have a eb ghia that came with prem sound, so i've been in your situation...
the 4 channal amp in the back is an ok amp,made by ///alpine i believe. not a 10\10 but it's fine-good. it offers about 4 x 40-50 rms. 2 channal bridged to power the sub, other 2 for front or rear,(front)?? i'm guessing. only has limited controls aswell(down side). i'm using 2 channels to power my rears.
"how much would i be looking at for a decent setup?", there is no end to spending on car audio. set a $$ limit. for just over the $1100 mark i think you could look at some alpine s type splits 6.5 inch, matching rears(coaxials), and a sub and amp. power main speakers of old amp and ditch the 8 inch prem sub for some thing with a bit more rumble, 10 or 12 inch maybe. my first upgrade was a 600watt audio line amp, 2 cheap pioneer 12" subs and some s type 6.5 inch coaxials for the rear. this sounded great! subs cost-100 each. amp $250ish,rears under $200, jvc mp3 H/U $400. =$1050 cheap. and went hard for that sorta $$ i thought.

my personal brand preference is alpine, also like the jvc head units.
peronally i went jvc head unit(touch screen 1)good value i think, 2 12 inch alpine type r's, 6.5 type r splits matching rears, 2 channel alpine v12, m500 for subs. and the ogig' prem amp, also made by alpine. all that set me back about 2500-3000,lots of brand and choices thoe.
pick what sounds good to your ears when choosing the speaker. second hand is allways an option to save $$. some times there are 2-4 month old amps, speakers, etc. selling on forums for %50-60 of there retail price. shop around and you will save.

sorry for the essay :roll: ,hope it might help, back to overdue uni work..
jb

what model h/u have you got??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]