upgrade sound system el 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: upgrade sound system el
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: baxr8

NSW, Australia

hi
i have priemium sound system complete out off ef fairmont i trying to install into el xr8 medi system cd/radio front speakers work but cant get the amp to work the amp has power but not powering the rear speakers and sub any sugestions
do i need upgrade the bem?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Have you got the loom from the bottom effects unit to the amp? (should be a Din plug to RCA) The HU powers the fronts and the amp powers the rears and sub via the effects unit. Also ensure that all connections are made between the HU and the effects unit.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

yes have loom, connections are ok can just faintly hear rear

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

You probably have checked this...could be that the HU is setup for the fronts? Like "FAD" is only the fronts??

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok then, the BEM has nothing to do with the audio system. Silly question but was the security code entered? If it has and the fronts are fine test the amp by plugging in the RCA's from a CD player. If you know a song that has a soft start play that as the input level cannot be lowered. If the amp works with plenty of volume be looking for issues before the amp. Was the unit working before it was removed from the EF? Also when you say the amp has power do you mean 12volts to the terminal or it powers up with a slight popping sound from the speakers and you can hear a slight hiss or floor noise?

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

ok yes do have code as unit works front speaker work perfectly no volume coming out rear speakers no matter which songs play as the car was burned in engine bay i cant confirm apart from owners saying so it went before . i have power to amp from blue wire dsp and ignition via yellow wire to radio unit Constant Battery Voltage wire check amp and both power output work also i have hud setup all speakers
as for body computer it does affect the unit runs power antenna all i was wondering if affects anything else

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

Umm, If you have just converted from a non premium sound car.... the rears and sub have a different loom section which plugs to the amp. Just want to confirm have you done this?

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordie wrote:
ok yes do have code as unit works front speaker work perfectly no volume coming out rear speakers no matter which songs play as the car was burned in engine bay i cant confirm apart from owners saying so it went before . i have power to amp from blue wire dsp and ignition via yellow wire to radio unit Constant Battery Voltage wire check amp and both power output work also i have hud setup all speakers
as for body computer it does affect the unit runs power antenna all i was wondering if affects anything else

The BEM only controls the antenna half and full function but the HU sends it the power to activate antenna. The BEM still has nothing to do with the actual audio from the HU and premo system. When the unit is powered up can you hear any popping or hissing sound from the rears or sub? Another simple test to confirm amp is working is to insert a 3" nail or similar into each of the amps RCA inputs (The centre hole). You should hear a humming/buzzing sound from speakers depending on what channel you have tested. If you dont hear anything at all the amp isnt working.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]