Fordmods Logo

upgrading my sub but what to ? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: upgrading my sub but what to ?
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

it has come time to upgrade my sub im still only going to run a single 12" i used to have a rockford p2 and i pulled some really good figures with it 140ish db i think cant remember anyway just wondering has anyone tryed rockfords more top end gear like there p3 ,t1 and t2 subs? or what are some other peoples suggestions
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 383

Joined: 11th Aug 2006

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

Location: Hastings
VIC, Australia

If you're going for SPL, you can't go past DD Audio.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

dont really wanna spend between 1000 and 2000 grand on just a sub but
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 556

Joined: 10th Dec 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EAII Falcon S

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

i dunno if this is still for sale. it might be what your after
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40115

 

_________________

Speed Safely! ;-)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 772

Joined: 24th Mar 2005

Ride: EL FAIRMONT GHIA 97

Location: Perth Floreat
WA, Australia

Hey ive had exprerince with P3 subs and they are bang for you buck, great value, but if u want to spend the extra cash i would go a T1 but u would need a reasonably bit amp to run that, along the lines of a T10001.BD

but if u go P3 could get a P6001 for a good value.

my next setup will be 2 x T1 and 2 x T10001.bd

 

_________________

-------EL Fairmont Ghia with CUstome BA XR body kit-------

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:33 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 383

Joined: 11th Aug 2006

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

Location: Hastings
VIC, Australia

shoey50 wrote:
dont really wanna spend between 1000 and 2000 grand on just a sub but

You might want to check out the prices before assuming they all cost that much...
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/t ... celist.pdf

Rockford aren't all that great, especially for SPL these days.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

Stone wrote:
shoey50 wrote:
dont really wanna spend between 1000 and 2000 grand on just a sub but

You might want to check out the prices before assuming they all cost that much...
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/t ... celist.pdf

Rockford aren't all that great, especially for SPL these days.


why do you say they arnt great?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:37 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 115

Joined: 28th Sep 2005

Ride: BA Falcon XR6 Turbo

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

I have always been a fan of JL gear, you can pick up the new W3V3 for around $400 and they go hard. Come in 10, 12 and 13 inch i think.

 

_________________

_Gianni_

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

yeah but what sort db does one of there single 12" put out
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2396

Joined: 25th Sep 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

Location: Upper FTG. melbourne
VIC, Australia

depends on enclosure, ive seen a single 12 put out around 120 ish in a good sealed enclosure.

 

_________________

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 383

Joined: 11th Aug 2006

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

Location: Hastings
VIC, Australia

shoey50 wrote:
Stone wrote:
shoey50 wrote:
dont really wanna spend between 1000 and 2000 grand on just a sub but

You might want to check out the prices before assuming they all cost that much...
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/t ... celist.pdf

Rockford aren't all that great, especially for SPL these days.


why do you say they arnt great?

Because they're not winning comps. Go see what brands are being used to win comps and you'll see most of the time it will be a DD sub.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

cooki_monsta wrote:
depends on enclosure, ive seen a single 12 put out around 120 ish in a good sealed enclosure.

yeah want a lot loader than that my single rockford 12 does 140db not in a encolsure suited to it either
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

Stone wrote:
shoey50 wrote:
Stone wrote:
shoey50 wrote:
dont really wanna spend between 1000 and 2000 grand on just a sub but

You might want to check out the prices before assuming they all cost that much...
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/t ... celist.pdf

Rockford aren't all that great, especially for SPL these days.


why do you say they arnt great?

Because they're not winning comps. Go see what brands are being used to win comps and you'll see most of the time it will be a DD sub.


fair enough i think the dd subs are prob a bit of over kill for what i really need just want something a bit better than my old rockford 12" p2 thats all
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

well look dude - 140db from a p2 is pretty good ... where was this tested and due know on what .. Term lab meter etc ? - ported enclosure?

In the end ppl telling you what brands, models or setups is pretty pointless really are you wanting to compete ?

See know point in ppl like stone giving you good advice if it isnt gonna suit your application...

So.. you have 140db you think ... you want higher yes.. or just want a louder or bassier sounding system..or combo of the two...if soo and you like RF (Rockford Fosgate) then you can stick with em - they have quality gear and actually do well in SPL competition...however yes DD do hold far better stature in the sound off world by far...

Realistically wats your budget for a sub or more...are you only after a single woofer setup...Ive seen a cheap alpine 15" woofer pull just on 150.1db before it let go....but yeh so if you do intend on seriously competing what decibal level do you 'hope' to achieve...

With the addition of a new woofer are you also prepared to fork out the extra cash to power a better one...and not just amplifier changes but power supply etc if required....if a new amps required whats your budget there....

We'll start there n see how u go....

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names