Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: VDO Dayton 5200 GPS
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: FG G6E/EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey all,

I've got a VDO Dayton 5200 GPS in the G6E, unfortunately running maps from 2009 (hasn't been updated since the car was new). Apparently it's an SD card system instead of using a DVD for the maps, but I can't find where the SD card slot is. Haven't had a good proper look under the dash yet but any help would be appreciated, does anyone have this system and know where I can find it?

Also am trying to find some newer maps without paying $199 for them...we'll see how that goes I guess.

Cheers
Jesse

"Build" Thread: the-garage-f53/jesse-s-g6e-and-ef-fairmont-t103265.html

Post subject: Re: VDO Dayton 5200 GPS
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Update... found the GPS computer with SD card slot, under the dash on the far left side of the passenger footwell.

So that just leaves the second part of my issue.. does anyone have experience with the WhereIs V19 maps, is it worth paying $199 for them?

Thanks guys

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

wolfiekun wrote:
Update... found the GPS computer with SD card slot, under the dash on the far left side of the passenger footwell.

So that just leaves the second part of my issue.. does anyone have experience with the WhereIs V19 maps, is it worth paying $199 for them?

Thanks guys

I bought a v19 card for VDO dayton PN2050 for $69 and copied the carindb, uad and speedcam database files to my old v17 pc5200 card. the portable series use the same database and speedcam and poi format, but the file structure and description files are a bit different. I don't really care POIs so I did not bother to match poi files. $69 is still reasonable for a new map especially that v18 has never been released so the v17 is like 3-4 years old now.

over the last years a shtload of new speedcams were planted across the country and a few dozens dismantled, the new card follows these changes, this was a major concern for me.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

hell wrote:
I bought a v19 card for VDO dayton PN2050 for $69 and copied the carindb, uad and speedcam database files to my old v17 pc5200 card. the portable series use the same database and speedcam and poi format, but the file structure and description files are a bit different. I don't really care POIs so I did not bother to match poi files. $69 is still reasonable for a new map especially that v18 has never been released so the v17 is like 3-4 years old now.

over the last years a shtload of new speedcams were planted across the country and a few dozens dismantled, the new card follows these changes, this was a major concern for me.

Brilliant, thanks heaps for that :) I'll definitely look into it. I think mine might even be V15, half the maps are probably not accurate any more haha

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]