Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

lethal EA wrote:
The reason u cant get passed 50....

Never said that I can't, I said I dont. I know that it is clear at that level, and I have no need to go higher. It is rare for me to have the H/U over 10.

lethal EA wrote:
off the deck well thats just a waste

my deck throws out 27WRMS. You can't even hear it. These speakers are in the original location (in the doors). Just under these speakers, I have the soundstream splits (in fibreglass pods). there is less than 5cm gap between the 2 sets, and the soundstreams are receiving 125WRMS. I agree, it is a waste. I just can't be bothered removing them.

I have gone for a front stage setup, the factorty speakers and the amp are only there for rear fill. For what they are there for, the factory setup is sufficient (but I have removed the sub). If I wanted something decent there, I have a spare pair of soundstream splits and a pair of fusion powerplant splits sitting in my garage.

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Post subject: ok
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

alright, well i have the 6x9's in the boot for when i'm at a party for outside listening, you cant hear them in the front of the car really. i have a pioneer H/U that goes to 62 max volume also, with slits at the front and 2 way pioneer 6in speakers in the parcel shelf. so i dont think that the 6x9's are really causing any problem for me, i listen to alot of dance music, a bit of metal too, so i was thinking that a twin 10'' sealed box would be the way too go, whats are your opinions on this? i am running the splits and parcel shelf speakers off the H/U, not an amp, so i think that if i take LOUD off i will not nearly get as much volume out of the speakers as i do now. do you guys think that i will need to get another amp for these speakers to even it all out?

†={][}= TEKNO ={][}=†

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:46 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Yes, get an amp for the splits at least (I personally don't worry about having rears at all).

Ditch LOUD, it's only a acoustic trick, simply enhancing the low and high sounds, so over all it sounds louder, but you miss out on proper dynamic range - not easily explained, but very easily demonstrated.

I listen to mostly dance as well, and get by with a single 10" in a custom ported box. problem is it takes up nearly the whole boot - not a problem for me (1. it's easily removable and 2. I don't need the boot often). But not everyone can make that sacrifice. The result I get the responsiveness and 'punch' that a 10" can provide while it can play lower than most 15"s, due to how I've tuned the ports. Oh, it's plnety loud too (won't win any SPL comps, but loud enough that' it's tuned right down on the amp).

If you're limited on boot space, than two 10"s in a properly sized sealed box, possibly with some wadding will do a good job.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Post subject: ok
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

well i dont know much about the tuning of a box and the port at all, i will try amping the splits and rear speakers then as i like an even music filled cab, as for the sub, i have rego payments and will not have a new 1 for a while, i think i would go for 2 10'' subs but, i like to play music from my car at functions, so i would like a little extra bass available, thanx for your help, will re-tune and amp the speakers this week.

†={][}= TEKNO ={][}=†

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Bf XR8

WA, Australia

if you want to do port tuning try to find a HEMHOLTZ port chart. The charts describe the port diameter and length needed to get the desired frequency depending on enclosure volume

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2